Program for Sales List

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Tim Pruitt, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

I am about finished with my 2008 kidding sales list. I used Microsoft Publisher. If found this one pretty user friendly. Mine will be in a booklet form. What Publisher does everyone else use?

I would like to email it to others to save on mailing.
    Is there another program that it can be transferred to that will be more universal for those who does not have MS Publlisher?

If you want a Nubian sales list -just email me privately.

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Hi Tim,

I would not send out your sales list in MD Publisher format. Many (most) people don't have it. Instead, convert it to a PDF document and email it to people. Must more user friendly and they cannot edit your work. :D You can get a PDF converter online for a small fee or hire someone to do it for you.

Oh, and I would like a sales list. ;)

Sara

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

what Sara said or you can save as Rich text but only text saves.

4. leslieh

leslieh New Member

Tim, I don't have Publisher, but in a lot of programs, when you "save as"... they give you a choice in what format. Maybe publisher will let you save it as a pdf. Quick and simple.

Check and see.

Leslie

5. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

You need a special program to be able to save in PDF format. You cannot save as a PDF file in MS Publisher.

Sara

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

So if Tim sent me his in Publisher, and since I also have MS publisher, I could then edit his and use it as my own next year? That sounds like a wonderful idea Tim!!! :)

I also want Sara's and Tim's! Vicki

7. coso

coso Guest

You can download free programs that will convert anything you can print to PDF format. I use PDF reDirect v2 I think I got it off of Download.com. I know I got it free. :biggrin I do this with a lots of forms and our Newsletter for the goat club. Anybody can download Adobe reader for free. But not everyone has Word, or Publisher or whatever else is out there.

8. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Thanks a bunch,
    I'll download this file tonight. I knew there was some free ware out there but didn't know which one to trust.

For those who asked, I will be sending out a Nubian Sales list soon!

9. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

I did download the program PDF Redirect Version 2 and it works. The only thing - it mixes my pages up as MS Publisher has it in book form layout. However, I decided to send most everything out by snail mail and sent off over 40 today.

10. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I am so envious Tim! I've been working on my sales list for a couple months now and can't seem to get past this 'writer's block' that has plagued me from almost the start of my project. :crazy

I can't wait to get your sales list Tim... you have lovely Nubians. :D

Sara

11. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

Yours went off in the mail today Sara! I have been waiting on an updated sales list from you! I know there is lots of new information on Godiva and Santa Cruz!! You have such lovely animals too Sara!

Now I have to get to work on updating my website - sheez!!

12. Tim Pruitt

Tim Pruitt New Member

I downloaded and tried this program but it seems to rearrange the pages of my booklet. Did you have this problem?

I won't be sending my sales list out by email so if you would like one, send me your snail mail address.

13. Whitney

Whitney New Member

Tim,
    Your catalog is lovely! Great job!

14. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Tim your girls are so "Consistantly" lovely, now that's a herd goal to work towards! oh and the cataloges nice too! : )

15. coso

coso Guest

Tim , I've never used it with MS Publisher. I have used it with Word, and some other programs and used it for the newsletter. But I scan the newsletter in then use PDF Redirect to reduce how big the file is. If you want to you can send me a sales list by mail and I could see what I could do with it. My Address is Rt. 1 Box 1354-1, Alton, MO 65606

16. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Tim,

I think I know what the problem is. :D I convert my sales catalog to PDF too.

You are going to need to create a blank template of the read layout you want. You will then need to copy & paste your text, graphics, photos, etc. to the appropriate page on the template. The PDF converter works great but it only converts it to a print layout. If you want a read layout you then have to do the above. It can be fairly time consuming. It took about 45 minutes to do mine and my template was already created from a previous year.

Sara