Pricing of liquid soap???

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Spicer Creek Goats, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Spicer Creek Goats

Spicer Creek Goats New Member

The lady that buys my soap for her beauty shop wants to buy 4 gallons of liquid soap. I have no idea how much to charge her per gallon. Help!!! Julie

2. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Well for 8 oz in a pump bottle with a pretty label etc my price is $8.00. I've been selling 16 ozer's with no label in a cleaned out HDPE bottle (from the few oils I only by in 16 oz sizes from BB) for just $12.00. Is this for resale? I'd shave off 40-50% if it were me I think, but my mark up retail is quite a bit.

3. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Here is a formula to help you figure your price, Cost times 4, plus hours times 10, divided by price for a compareable product. So if it costs you $10 in ingredients to make a gallon of LS times 4 is $40. If it takes you two hours to make it (not counting the time you are ignoring while it cooks :) ) that is $20. So, you are at $60/gal A comparable product, Dr. Bronner - Pure-Castile Soap Peppermint, 1 Gallon $50, split the difference, Your soap could retail for $55/gal. But I would charge $60 since it is not that big of a difference :D

Christy

4. Spicer Creek Goats

Spicer Creek Goats New Member

Bethany, Two gallons is for resale and the other 2 gallons is for her own use. I was thinking around $40.00 a gallon, but it seems like an awful lot to me, except not when you consider what you pay for 8 ounces. I charge $6.50 for 8oz. And thank you Christy for your input. I'm never sure what to charge. This helps alot. Thanks, Julie