Pregnant doe with entro need advice

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Patty13637, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Gumdrop is due 7-3 she has entro . We are treating her with anti toxin every 4 hours , banamine and antibiotics sub Q because she is down. She spiked a high fever day 1 and we got that under control. She can get up with help . She is eating and drinking .

I want to give her dex and get this baby out soon. The baby is adding a strain to her system right now. Not sure if it is needed now to help the babies lungs. If so how much and for how long before I lute her ? She does have some mucous starting and has an udder.

I am also tyreating for polio just in case.

Patty

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

UMM I would be looking at listerosis I think rather than polio. can't help you with the dex you need Vicki or Kaye to answer that. Why do you think it is entro?

3. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

I have no experience with inducing labor whatsoever...but she's only 6 days away from her due date...seems to me the baby/ies should be mature at this point.

4. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Induce her now if you think she can handle the labor. 2cc Lute and 5cc Dex and expect delivery 29-36 hours later.

Sara

5. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:yeahthat You're 6 days out...the babies are in the inducing window.

What Sara said. You can give both at the same time. Be sure and have calcium, injectable preferrably, to assit with the labor if she has sluggish labor.

I'd be treating this doe for two different things...listo and hypocalcimia. The B injections certainly won't hurt her...because if the rumen is comprimised, she needs it anyway.
    Kaye

6. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

I did just give her calcuim also. How much would you suggest ?

How would you be treating isto ? I gave her penn yesterday & today .

She is on antibiotics , bvits 36 cc this time {will call vet for thiamine} ,Banamine ,cd antitocin every 4 hours.

Kefir orally of course.

She is eating hay and also drinking fine.

Thanks all

Patty

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

listeririous is treated with pen g but like every 6 hrs to get across the brain barrier then every 12 hrs.
    do you have the injectable CMPK ?

8. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Yes I just started cmpk . How much do you think ????

Thanks < Patty

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Per Sue Reith in Goat 101

Emergency Repair Info: If you have a 500ml bottle of injectable CMPK¹ (an Rx item) on hand, dose her SQ with 30cc of it every 2 hours day and night, warmed to body temperature until she's normal again.

Then 30 cc daily until freshening.

10. pokyone42

pokyone42 New Member

good luck with your girl.. how is she?

11. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

ABOUT THE SAME THANKS .

pATTY