Pregnant doe with discharge, normal?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ashley, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I noticed today Toggy had a little off-white discharge, she is due in a month, is this normal?

2. SandyReuel

SandyReuel New Member

Yes, this can be completely normal. The doe is probably beginning to loose some of her cervical plug. As long as she isn't uncomfortable and is eating and drinking well, then don't be concerned. If she starts discharging more and is depressed and off feed she may be aborting. If she is then there is nothing that you can do to stop it.

Sandy

3. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

She acts totally normal. She was sick a couple weeks ago. But fine now. She was pooing when I noticed it and I thought for a minute it was a worm or something, very thick. Haven't seen any more discharge since.

She's been getting a little bit of an udder, can't wait to see babies. :biggrin

4. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

My doe had very thick white discharge...several hours later she kidded. Is there ANY possible way she got bred even by accident before? Just a thought.

-Kim

5. It's probably normal. As long as she's eating drinking and acting fine I'd wounldnt be concerned. My does do have a bit of dicharge during the last month of pregnancy.

6. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Kim, the only other possible due date was 03/15 she was hand bred, we had no bucks on our property at the time. But I did just realize I had the wrong due date in my head. I looked at her breeding records and she is actually due the 4th of next month, I was thinking the 14th! So more like 3 weeks.

7. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Oh...Okay. Probably not labor then. My goat had discharge several times throughout the last month of pregnancy. Silly me...I thought she would go into labor each time within minutes. Even spent a whole entire night with her one time. ...With her though I did not have a due date. Nightmare...but certainly worth it. She had a buckling three days ago. Now I know what the REAL signs are for her. Too bad they say every goat is different. Will be breeding 3 this coming November if things work as planned. "As planned..." Is anything with goats really planned? I suppose yes if they are the ones doing the planning. :rofl

I would not worry like the others said. Normal.

-Kim

8. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Good, thanks for the help. :)