pneumonia vaccine

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by paulaswrld, May 31, 2008.

1. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

What brand vaccine do all you "Big Guns" :biggrin use \? And, when is the best time to use it. Last year, my girls came down with a horrible case of pneumonia after going to their first show...everyone was on deaths door except for two does that I had just gotten from Tim Pruitt...when I chatted with him, he said he had vaccinated...he thought it was called one shot or something?? Would love to hear suggestions.

Thanks always,
    paula

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I used Sure shot for years, but now they have a pasturella haemoticulla/multicidiea (spelling big time :) shot out, and I am using it now. Do not give this too close to the front leg, I don't try to hide subq shots like this, it will make her sore then. I give mine in the fall before breeding and only my colostrum does get boosters. vicki

3. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

shoot, how long will they be sore? I don't want to risk them getting sick this show season with Nationals so close. What about the nasal stuff?

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

No, if you don't give it to far forward so their front leg doesn't rub on the area they won't be sore :)

The nasal vaccine does not contain pnemonia's goats get. Vicki

5. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

6. paulaswrld

paulaswrld New Member

Outstanding...thanks!