Please tell me I'm wrong...

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Truly, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Truly

Truly New Member

While visiting my lovely's today, I was checking closely my "why won't she breed, oh no, she was bred b4 she got here" doe.

Her vulva is hanging long, very pinky and when I jiggled her tail the whole vulva area is like jello. I noticed her udder growing last week. Now it feels like there's something actually in there; liquid.

So I'm thinking tonite or maybe tomorrow. :crazy

Please tell me I'm wrong!! :mad

I don't have any planned kids until late in March.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

WEll your plans just got shot to xxxx :)

3. coso

coso Guest

Sounds a lot closer then March. :biggrin

4. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

OK your wrong :biggrin

Patty

5. Truly

Truly New Member

Thank you Patty. I needed to hear that.

I'll let ya'll know tomorrow what she had. :bang

6. UnRuli Acres

UnRuli Acres New Member

Sounds like you better get the kidding pen ready.

7. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

:nooo Oh, this just isn't good. Hope you don't go too crazy over it all. :crazy Can't wait to hear about babies.

8. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Christmas baby's.......what a nice surprise, I think. I'm guess 2 doelings...one mostly red and one dark brown with a white star in her forhead.......Do you want me to tell you their weights also ? :biggrin

9. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Sooth-sayer Whim, cast your evil eye over my way and tell me what I should be expecting in the barn in March! Sure would help right about now!!! Vicki

10. Truly

Truly New Member

Well Whim, if it is too doelings, no matter the color, that would at least make it more worthwhile. Bucks just may become a nice little meal. yum yum

I checked her just now and I don't think it'll happen tonite, but I'll be out there first thing in the AM to see whats up.

11. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

:laughcry does she have any tail web left? :laughcry Merry Christmas :laughcry

12. prairiecomforts

prairiecomforts New Member

I am crossing my fingers and hope that everything goes well. What are the temps doing there?

13. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

"Sooth-sayer Whim, cast your evil eye over my way and tell me what I should be expecting in the barn in March! Sure would help right about now!!! Vicki"'

Sorry Vicki,,,,,,it looks like a heavy buck year for you.......kinda like the one you had 5 or 6 years ago.... :rofl

Burp ......now you know that I wouldn't gonna pass up that opportunity. Kinda like fishing for me using a T-bone steak on a shark hook.

14. Josie

Josie New Member

So did she kid?? :)

15. Sondra

Sondra New Member

It better not be a buck year for Vicki,I have a doeling ordered. Whim keep those predictions over there in AL :)

16. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Hey, it better not be a buck year around here either, or somebody's gonna have to get over the thought of having to eat one of those poor precious little baby's....
    I'll confess...I've never eaten goat before.....but we eat deer sometimes twice a week....can't be that much difference in it.........and I becha that goat goes well with a nice glass of wine too.

OK Lois , what you got going on with this momma ?

17. Truly

Truly New Member

Well, when I checked her b4 bed last night she actually looked less likely to go, so I went to bed and did not set an alarm for every two hours.

In fact, as I'm not feeling well, I didn't go outside to check her until about noon. I did peek at her thru the window tho.

She looks about like she did yesterday now. So.... I really don't know what to think. Her udder hasn't grown anymore. Sometimes her tail seems to hang, other times she's holding it straight up. The ligaments feel pretty loose.

Since Marguerite is clueless as to when she was bred, I really can't calculate anything. Marguerite does say she shows a heat on 8/12, but that would put her due 1/9. I just don't see how she could go until January by the looks of her. Also, about now is three weeks prior to that, so....

I will definitely keep you posted.

I did dream she had three doelings and a buckling completely without my knowledge, so that had screwed up my CAE prevention schedule. I'm glad that was only a dream.

18. Truly

Truly New Member

Well, two days later and nothing. She's still loose, and giggly. No more udder development.

So I was wrong. I'm really stumped. I've never seen a goat so loose that wasn't eminently kidding. (not that I have years of experience) So I suppose I need to watch the udder now as that is the only thing left to change.

Maybe I'll have Christmas babies.

19. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Betcha the 1/9 date is gonna be pretty close....hey, I had a doe do this to me last year.(FF)....she freaked me out with all sorts of junk about 2 weeks before she was due.....and then just as quick, straightened right back out until about 6 hours before she kidded. Then ka-boom, it was like clockwork, and was dead on with what I had recorded her to kid.......My brother says she was just testing my nerves out to see how I would do when the time really come to have them kids.
    Keep a check on her, she may give you some Christmas presents after all.