Plastic Milk Jugs

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by coso, Mar 6, 2008.

1. coso

coso Guest

Where do y'all get them from. :biggrin and does anybody know of where to get those green funnels that you can use to pour milk into them with??

2. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Check around your area for milk bottling plants, they usually will sell jugs to you. Or you may be able to locate a manufacturing plant for them. You can buy the green funnels at TSC in the bird seed section.

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

AH thanks a bunch for the funnel info!!! Janie

4. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Yep, made that discovery after I purchased one from the "supplier" on the forum!! :/

5. coso

coso Guest

Good deal about the green funnels I'll have to order one today. We don't have any milk bottling plants very close that I know of. Do some of y'all have them shipped in?

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Vicki used too I think. (shipped in)

7. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I want another green funnel! Anyone care to pick a couple up for me? I can pay shipping...

Thanks,
    Sara

8. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

I get mine from a water bottling plant.
    Yep, the green funnels are at TSC or some other place that has a wild bird section. :biggrin
    Kaye

9. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Sara, what do these funnels look like and I will go to TSC tomorrow and see.

Thanks
    Autumn

10. Yes, Chris.. find *US* a plastic bottle source within a couple hours drive LOL... if you can find 'em.. I'll drive and get 'em for *US*, if you have to work! Don't really need them right now (the kids are still drinking me dry, but as soon as some of them are picked up and I wean a few. I'll go back to selling milk)
    susie, whose pouting about the fact they are calling for heavy snow again tonight.

11. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

google Dahl Tech they ship fed ex to your door, even without shipping their jugs are cheaper than US plastics who I used to buy from, and got my 1 pint jugs for colostrum sales from them last year. Maybe there is a different price for local pickup than their gallon milk jugs online.

Vicki

12. coso

coso Guest

I'm a looking Susie. I'll get back with you if I can find some. I know they are calling for 5 to 10" for us again tonight. :biggrin

13. coso

coso Guest

Thanks Vicki I'll check into that too. :biggrin

14. Chris,

The closest bottling plant in Southern MO is Hiland in Springfield. I know that they use the plastic bottles. But, I am thinking that they come in prelabeled. Another place you might call is Martin Dairy up in Hallstown. They bottle all thier milk in Gallons and Half Gallons. They are really neat people...family owned dairy up there. Also, if you go up there make sure you can see their milking parlor. They just put in a 60 cow rotary parlor about a year ago. Just something to see.

ken in MO

15. coso

coso Guest

Thanks Ken. I've got my wife calling Hiland in Springfield and will check into the Martin Dairy also.

16. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms New Member

Our local paper supply company carries gallon plastic milk jugs and lids. It is the all-supply type of place, paper towels, stuff for food service/take out etc but in bulk for schools/businesses etc.

17. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Here's a photo of the Milk Jug funnel:

[​IMG]

This is being marketed as a funnel to recycle used motor oil and store into milk jugs.

Sara

18. coso

coso Guest

I got mine here http://www.backyardwildlife.com
    They were only $2.99 a piece but then I had to pay $9.00 for shipping so I bought four. If any body needs one I'll have about $5.35 a piece in them. It was going to be $8.00 to ship one so if figured I might as well get a few more.

Bilrite, I'll have to check here at work we have a fellow that comes around and sells us paper towells and such.

*edited by BlissBerry - link

19. ME! ME! I need one... (saw your wife & son at the post office.. town if HOPPING.. everyone is trying to get things done before the snow. Long lines at the grocery store...)
    susie

20. coso

coso Guest

OK Susie. Get it to you as soon as I get them in.