Plastic Id collars

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Beverrlly, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Beverrlly

Beverrlly New Member

I'm looking for some plastic/disposable collars for newborn kids so I can remember who came out of who in what order!! Anyone use these and have a good place to buy them? I saw one place but they came in packs of 500 and I just don't need that many! Thanks.

2. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

Have you tried Jeffers or Hoegger's?

In Hoegger's new catalogue they have them 20 bands for $3.95, or 100 for $10.75

says you can write on the etc, etc.

www.thegoatstore.com

Sheryl

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I have some of the paper type ones that you write on. Can't remember where I got them but you might try Nasco

4. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms New Member

I got the big pack of the puppy ID-collars, they're tyvek or something similar. I think I got it from Jeffers but don't remember for sure but I know they carry them.
    Trisha

5. ecftoggs

ecftoggs New Member

I like to use the hook and loop dairy cattle leg bands and can get them at the vet's since we have so many large dairies around here they carry quite a supply. The brand they carry is "Flagbands" and come in 11 colors. I cut them in half lenghtwise and can write a lot of info on them (mother's name, date of birth, kid name) with a sharpie. I've never had a problem with them comming off and leave them on (adjusting the neck size) for weeks until they are old enough for a real colar. I love having so many colors to choose from, that way all the kids from one dam gets one color etc. Makes for some color in our otherwise "Brown and white" Togg kid pens.
    Mary