pinkeye

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Jean, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Jean

Jean New Member

We took our goat to the vet, and he said it had pinkeye. He gave it a shot of LA200 and some pinkeye medicine for injection. The little goat has four injection, but the pinkeye doesn't look like it is clearing up, it has been over a week. The little goat can't see where it's going. How long does it take for them to get over pinkeye.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

goat needs to be kept in the barn out of bright light and sun eye patch etc.
    squirt LA200 dirrectly in the eye

3. Jean

Jean New Member

Sondra
    What miligram of the LA200 do I need to put in the eye. The only medicine of the LA200 says for injection. The vet gave us Tetradure 300 for doing injections for pinkeye, but it doesn't seem to be working. Is there a website that I can order the LA200 that I need to put in their eyes.
    Thanks
    Jean

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

you can get it from the feed store or any oxytetracyline (SP) will work you just pull it up in your syringe then take the needle off and put a few drops in the eye.
    TETRADUREĀ® 300 (oxytetracycline is just stronger so just a couple drops in the eye. use it as you already have it.

5. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:biggrin You beat me to it, Sondra.
    It's just 300mg of oxytetracycline instead of 200mg. Squirt a drop or two in each eye twice a day and see if that improves it.
    Kaye