pink sugar

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Patty13637, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Does anyone make one that does not discolor soap ?

Thanks , Patty

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

No, good ones contain way to much vanilla for it to stay anything but tan. If you try to lighten it with TD you will get a yellow cast to it also. Vicki

3. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Mine turned really dark brown...tan I can handle.

4. lynpea

lynpea New Member

Yah... dark brown it is. And from what I have read, folks have tried to do layers or reverse swirls and it (the dark brown) creeps up into it. Bittercreek North has a vanilla stabilizer (candlesupply.com) that keeps the BS from going brown. I have seen before/after pics and it looks like it works.

5. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I tried using TD in a batch once and the color was just weird looking to me. I don't mind the dark brown soap myself but for customers that don't like brown soap but do like the scent I made a layered bar. The bottom 2/3 had pink clay and was scented very lightly with lovespell. The top 1/3 was PS scented a little heavier than usual. It smelled really nice. Just sold my last two bars. I'm going to try another scent on the bottom next time.

6. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Most vanilla stabalizers are for M&P.

Don't use too much TD, a big heaping tablespoon for 14 pounds of butters and oils. I also don't scent my swirling portion. My Pink Sugar is not dark. And you can see my pink swirl, it's clay. Vicki