Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This really does smell like a peppermint patty to me. I have lots of chocolate soap left from last Christmas that didn't sell so I was looking for a way to use some of it up. I think it turned out nice! THe white portion is not GM soap but a straight coconut oil soap superfatted at 20% so it isn't drying (and it's very white). I discount the water at 40% and it still takes forever and a day to trace. I made this last night around 9 and was able to cut it at 7 this a.m. It gets nice and hard quickly. My only mistake was that I miscalculated how much of the white soap to make and it wasn't enough. I'm going to cut the bars a little thicker so they have the correct weight to them. And I think I'm going to make another batch or two for Christmas gifts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That is beautiful!!!! I love the look of the chocolate in white. I looks like a cake of some kind. I bet it smell like it could be eaten...yummy!
What do you us to cut the soap? I like the wavy look.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a wavy cutter that I think is used for cheese and veggie slicing. One drawback is that the ends only have one wavy side.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Very nice! I love the crisp white. I did a peppermint patty soap this year too. Also trying to get rid of my chocolate frangrance!

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
That is just beautiful! Vicki

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I still have some peppermint from Susan I bought a while back. One of these days I'll run out and then I hope Lillian does another coop. :)

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
You do know Kathy that every single one of us will have copied your soap by the weekend :) Vicki

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How's that saying go? Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. :LOL

·
Registered
723 Posts
Very Pretty! My chocolate never sells either - most food scents don't around here, but that is very nice!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts