Peppermint Patty

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Kalne, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Kalne

Kalne New Member

This really does smell like a peppermint patty to me. I have lots of chocolate soap left from last Christmas that didn't sell so I was looking for a way to use some of it up. I think it turned out nice! THe white portion is not GM soap but a straight coconut oil soap superfatted at 20% so it isn't drying (and it's very white). I discount the water at 40% and it still takes forever and a day to trace. I made this last night around 9 and was able to cut it at 7 this a.m. It gets nice and hard quickly. My only mistake was that I miscalculated how much of the white soap to make and it wasn't enough. I'm going to cut the bars a little thicker so they have the correct weight to them. And I think I'm going to make another batch or two for Christmas gifts.

[​IMG]

2. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

That is beautiful!!!! I love the look of the chocolate in white. I looks like a cake of some kind. I bet it smell like it could be eaten...yummy!
    What do you us to cut the soap? I like the wavy look.

3. Kalne

Kalne New Member

It's a wavy cutter that I think is used for cheese and veggie slicing. One drawback is that the ends only have one wavy side.

4. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

Very nice! I love the crisp white. I did a peppermint patty soap this year too. Also trying to get rid of my chocolate frangrance!

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

very very nice all my choc sold right away last year and their begging for more.

6. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Yum, looks like Breyer's mint chocolate chip icecream.

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

That is just beautiful! Vicki

8. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Very pretty Kathy! Do you use Lillian's 3X Peppermint?

Sara

9. Kalne

Kalne New Member

No, I still have some peppermint from Susan I bought a while back. One of these days I'll run out and then I hope Lillian does another coop. :)

10. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

That is very pretty soap....
    Great job
    Barbara

11. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms Guest

Did someone say peppermint??! Wow, what a pretty soap. How does it taste :biggrin

Trisha

12. Cotton Eyed Does

Cotton Eyed Does New Member

Yes. Just what I was thinking. Yum... wish I had some (ice cream that is) You made me hungry.

13. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

You do know Kathy that every single one of us will have copied your soap by the weekend :) Vicki

14. Kalne

Kalne New Member

How's that saying go? Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. :LOL

15. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

ooohhh very pretty.

Sheryl

16. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

That is one gorgeous soap!!!

Yep I feel a batch in the making, I still think I have some grandma's hot cocoa running around.

Autumn

17. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Very Pretty! My chocolate never sells either - most food scents don't around here, but that is very nice!