Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,837 Posts
I induce all of my does to freshen on the weekends.
:rofl ME,TOO!!!!!!! I enjoy my nights sleep too well!! I gave up "baby watches" YEARS ago and opted for DRUGS!!!
This way, I get my nights sleep, my morning chores done, MY COFFEE, and I'm there for EVERY birth! With Toggies, there's no way, other than birth collars, to tell who belongs to whom!! I guess I could line all my birthing pens with 2x2 wire...but why?? I'm just there to catch kids, collar them, give them what they need and I'm happy with the results. :biggrin
Kaye

· Registered
1,837 Posts
:rolleyes Oh, brother!!! Vicki!!
Trust me...if there was going to be a problem in...ummmm, let me see.....20 something years, I would have had a problem!

Hhhhmmm...Sara has 3,000+ # milkers, me with several 3,000 # milkers...don't think I miss the 10% decrease in milk.??? :lol

I use 2cc of Lute and 5cc of Dex. Oh, yea...given at the same time. Despite what is posted on groups. The dex helps the kids develop their lung tissue before delivery and seems to help the does.
Kaye

· Registered
1,837 Posts
The only drawback to induced labor.....MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE you know the breeding dates on your does...either hand bred or AI. No iffy's. Cause that doe IS going to kid in 24-36hrs. from the shots...regardless of her breeding date.

Our way is not recommended for people that run a buck with does, or have buck escapes. I just forget to add that when I am talking about it.
Kaye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.