Peacock colors

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by homeacremom, Sep 5, 2008.

1. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

...from Ellen's Essentials. How are they working for y'all in GM soaps? in soaps with shea?
    I'm not real happy with my experiments. Could easily be me or my soap gremlins. :crazy Honest, I've made pretty soaps, just not in the last month. Of course you get soap I've made in the last month so I won't expect you to believe me. :lol
    Problems I'm having are colors not being true to the charts on the website, disappearing colors in the middle of the bars, and greens morphing blue in spots...

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I love her ruby red, and I used the purple, chartruse and green in my swap soaps. I only use clays and mica in most of my soaps but I am going to use her ruby red for my dragons blood, it is the only thing I have ever used that is blood red in GM soap against the patcholli nearly black background. The others I use in fun soaps, for curls etc...they are really fun to play with. I wouldn't want to use them for anything but swirling though or layering because you have to use soo much to really color the whole bucket of soap one color. Vicki

3. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Are your swirls all through the bar or just on top?
    Ruby Red (1/8 oz. approx. in 1 1/4 cup of soap) swirled disappear on the interior. A faint tan where it should be and it's there on the bottom, top and outsides... Irish Green still there in spots but faded. I believe the blue morphed spots on the surface are going to go back to green over time.

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I didn't follow the directions I added drops as I stick blended into my swirl cup until I got the desired shade. Now the pink one...I believe neon pink, did morph to a weird mauve/brown but it was GM soap and I didn't keep playing with it and adding more since I had to hurry and pour the other swirls I was making, I ditched it. Vicki