Patchouli

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by homeacremom, Oct 31, 2008.

1. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

How much do you use in the citrus blend, Vicki? I liked your swap soap and couldn't figure out for the longest time what the mystery scent was. I've tried a few drops of patchouli from the health food store to seat sweet orange and hated it. Smell the patchouli a mile away even at 3 drops of so for two lb. batch. Now a year later the orange is gone and only the terrible patchouli left. :crazy
    Maybe not all patchouli is equal. Any sources that are better than others? If there is a good patchouli! :lol

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I use two pipette fulls for the whole 5 ounces I put into my batch. Patch is definitely like dragons blood or nag champa that you either love or you hate. For the whole 16 ounces of my eucalyptus blend I make....2 parts eucalyptus, 1 part lemon grass, 1 part peppermint, 1 part tea tree oil... I add .5 of patch to give a base note to all the up the top of your head scents of this blend. You only want to use enough to seat, not to overwhelm, you should never be overwhelmed with it. I love patch and lavender. Vicki

3. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Are you all using the real thing? Isn't it terribly expensive?

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I have some stashed and do use it very sparringly. But I have also been playing around with Dragons Blood FO which has worked very very well. Vicki

5. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Cool! Unfortunately I got rid of my remaining DB last year 'cause it didn't sell well for me. BUT now this year people want it and I've just about sold all my remaining stock, which BTW, still smells good a year old (I made waaaay too much last year LOL). This was Susan's and she was out when I placed my last order. Boo hoo for me.

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

can you seat the citrus with DP also?

7. Little Moon

Little Moon New Member

Vicki, what size is your pipette? Could a person use a syringe and draw some out? I just got my patch from Prairie Fragrances and would love to use it. I love patch and orange. I have some clove and cinnamon now - baklava anyone?