Patch

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by NubianSoaps.com, Jun 5, 2008.

1. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

In an effort to not use my 2 pounds of Patch that although when I purchased it was normal price is now worth a fortune :) I mixed my Dragons Blood into my mixture for my Eucalyptus soap and also into my Pink Grapefruit, to seat the essential oils. If anything it is better! I have tucked a few bars aside to see if the fragrance fades. Vicki

2. Oh that sounds like it smells soooo yummy! Tammy

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Now does that make the soap darker than the patch would normally?

4. NubianSoaps.com

So far no, but a pippette filled for 4 ounces of EO I don't think is enough to turn it. It's not old enough, although with Dragons Blood it turns really quickly. Until I just wrote that it didn't dawn on me that I probably should have used more since Dragons Blood certainly doesn't have much patch in it either.... vicki

5. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

Bethany does that combo and calls it Pink Dragon :D

Christy

6. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Yes, pink grapefruit and dragon's blood (Pink Dragon) is one of my very best sellers!

7. Aja-Sammati

Aja-Sammati Active Member

You probably ought to sell it and make that fortune without having to make soap :lol

8. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Bethany,
    that sounds wonderful, care to share your ratio of mix of pink grapefruit and dragons blood
    Barbara

9. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

2 parts grapefruit to 1 part DB....There goes my trade secret, now I'l have to kill you! :lol

10. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

:rofl

I know how you feel Bethany. We love you for sharing with us :D

Christy

11. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Well, a person has to give back, you know. I learn a lot so I try to share...but there are some things that I won't. Since you are already "onto" the DB grapefruit thing, why not?

I will say this though, while Pink Dragon is one of my best sellers, true patch fans say, "not enough patch" and stick to my Moab blend - sorry, THAT one I won't share! :biggrin

12. GypsyRose

GypsyRose New Member

Forgive me please, but I must know...(remember I'm new) What is Patch?

13. GypsyRose

GypsyRose New Member

Thanks Sara,
    that is what I thought, but I hadda know for sure! I'm really not an idiot! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

14. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

BTW, even with only one part DB the soap is very dark. Every batch I try a new thing to get a pink swirl in there - but the DB just seeps into the pink anyway! Here is a really bad picture (pre light box) of it and the swirl is terrible! I actually got a better swirl on my most current batch that I don't have a good picture of yet. I take out some soap unfragranced to get the pink, but once again- the brown creeps in and it never stays the way I want it!

http://www.capellasgarden.com/product_info.php?cPath=19&products_id=17

15. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Hey Bethany,

The bars of Pink Dragon that I've seen (even had one at my sink) are lovely. Very pretty and very unique looking. :)

Sara

16. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Thanks Sara, you are too kind! :blush I forgot I sent you one!

17. NubianSoaps.com

I was just going to tell you Bethany to talk to Sara, she helped me get a really nice "blood" through and on top of my Dragons Blood without having to paint it after cutting! AT first I was like no way,,, but the neon fadded after curing and it's really cool. I think Sara's middle name is Mica.

I only wanted to use the dragons blood to seat as a bottom note my citrus EO's so know way did I use as much as you do!

Tammi, the dragons blood you like so much is very much patchoulli....you can smell my stash the next time you are over, it's devine so old it's rich like molassas. Vicki

18. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

hm I wish I could get my hands on pink grapefruit. I placed an order to bramble berry for it and its on Backorder, where else might have some?????

19. GypsyRose

GypsyRose New Member

I think that is why I like the Dragons Blood so much I love Patchouli. But I wanted to clarify that is what it meant, just for my own...I was pretty sure, but yanno I hadda ask. You know me...questions, questions, questions! :rofl

Ya let me smell ya stash I'll never leave! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl