Packaging for whipped shea

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by homeacremom, Dec 5, 2008.

1. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Do you sell it in the little white "tubs"? Does it work in squeeze tubes or pump bottles?

I didn't intend to sell shea yet, but all those gifted jars have gotten me a TON of requests for sales...Great! :crazy

BTW, the winner that generated all these requests is Vanilla Mint. Infused almond oil with real vanilla bean plus a few drops peppermint EO. The shea gives it almost a chocolate scent.

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I use the 2 ounce and the 4 ounce jars from bayousome.com they have the saftey seals inside which make them look so professional, and you can get flat lids that labels actually sick to :) It looks really pretty in the clear, especially if it's the yellow or greenish raw shea. Vicki

3. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Thanks!
    Has anyone ever tried a malibu tube or pump top bottle?

4. NubianSoaps.com

I can't even imagine it would come out. Even my cream won't pump and although whipped shea is fluffy, it certainly is still thick. In the south the problem is whipped shea quickly becomes melted shea then is a solid shea in no time :) Vicki

5. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Agree with Vicki.....you gotta put this in a tub/jar.

6. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

That's what I was thinking. It's fluffy and airy but thick. I didn't have anything here to try it out in so thought I would ask. :)
    Thanks for mentioning the seals you can get on the jars, Vicki. That should help compensate for selling in a jar. At least they'll know no one has sampled THEIR product.
    How much do you charge for a 4 oz. jar? I whip my shea for a long time and add a drizzle of liquid oil. Any idea how much weight is going to go into the 4 oz. size?

7. NubianSoaps.com

4 ounces is $5. 2 ounce jars are part of basket/bags aren't sold individually, only as a group. Vicki

8. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

I sell mine for $ 10 at that size. Depends on your market. The little sample pots that have 3/4 ounce goes for $3 I always put a sample one out with a paddle to try, and those small ones fly out of the store.

9. Jo@LaudoDeumFarm

[email protected] New Member

We sell them for 8$ here, and I don't use plain shea. I like to add a bit of mango butter to it, or cocoa butter. Darn good stuff.

10. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I use 3 oz jars and sell them for $6.50. They usually sell very well for me. I don't do a variety of scents either. Just a smidge of Warm Vanilla Sugar though the last time I used Pink Sugar.

11. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

I package in jars and get 6.00 for 2 oz jar... I am planning on changing to the flat topped jars, right now I use the rounded top jars.. labels won't work on top and they don't stack
    Barbara

12. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Why do you label on the top instead of the side?
    Good point on not stacking. I was leaning towards purchasing the dome lids!