Our website

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Katarina, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Katarina

Katarina New Member

Dad just got our website up late night. we would people's oipion on it, how it looks, is it easy to read? etc.

http://www.swedefarm.com/

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Nice Katie
    don't know as I would put up dirrections to my farm tho let someone contact you and then tell them how to get there. Today in these times just don't want jo blow driving into my place not knowing who they are. Especially you guys with little ones. Not safe in my opinion.

3. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I agree Sondra. I don't even put our physical address on our website; only our post office box.

Katie, I didn't see any information on your goats. Do you plan to include pictures and pedigrees? I looked for links but didn't find any.

Nice color and easy to read.

Sara

4. Katarina

Katarina New Member

two things

One we had someone come to our place with out the website up and with out us telling them where we were.

Yes, we do plan to get info about the goats up, but first we wanted to get the site up. Dad will be working on the goats section later today or tomorrow.

5. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

Looks good! Love the Spanish moss pic. I did notice one thing that I might change. It was the sentence that reads "If you have a first freshener that you are particularly interested in...", well, I would reword it to: "If there IS a first freshener that you are particularly interested in..." or "If you SEE a first freshener that you are particularly ....." The reason being is that the way it is worded now, it seems as it the potential customer is already in possession of said FF. I would imagine that you know this and it just needs teaking :D

6. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

um diane "teaking" lol!

7. Feral Nature

Feral Nature New Member

for all my explanation and proper English, I had to say "teaking" :rofl :rofl :rofl

8. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

Hey! We got a link! Thanks!

It looks good. I caught one typo in the second paragraph- established is missing the "i"
    Nice colors, format, etc. I can't stand overly busy, unreadable sites. This is perfect. Very user friendly.

If y'all need help getting more photos,as you add pages, just let me know. :)

9. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

And you need more than their vet paperwork to refund a doe...in fact I have this part in my contract not on my website....but it should read after your vet contacts my vet. I could have Merry write me nearly anything I wanted with just her trust in my judgement...a whole nother ball of wax if she was going to have to call and talk to your vet!

You darn tooting had better link to my website first!!!! :) Also don't forget to link to here... Vicki

10. Katarina

Katarina New Member

Oh, no!! My website gets first link! :lol: I just have a few more things to tweak on it first. :D

11. Katarina

Katarina New Member

Vicki, got the links added ;)

12. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

"Welcome to our family business."

You have this on your home page. My first overall impression of the site was, "very nice." But that one phrase above made it seem not so friendly and personal. I would have changed the word "business" to maybe farm, herd, or something else less business-like. :D Just a thought. Otherwise I like it.

-Kim

13. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

I like the color and fonts you used, very open and inviting. Definately put some info on the individual goats. (I know you said you are working on that part.) I do a ton of internet research on goat breeders and I have seen a lot of sites...yours is very easy to read. Eventually, I would think about putting the sale info on a separate page along with which animals are for sale and keeping just general introductions on the first page. Maybe describe your products a little more, explain show results, etc.