Our first MM kidding! Yoohoo Sondra!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Qvrfullmidwife, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

Whew! Them things are SMALL! The momma at least, baby was bigger than we expected for sure!

This was a 4th gen dam and a 3rd gen sire...and the single (buck, of course) kid was 6.5lbs! He was BIG, I was really worried about things like prolapse, she really struggled to get him out. (once she decided to push instead of lick people constantly)

This doe was 66lbs when bred...

Sondra this buckling was born to SanSaba, who is from Ruby and Don Juan and the sire was Bandera, (testosterone on legs :lol) who is from Alexandria and Don Juan.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Are you sure ? thought Bandera was Al and Horns??
    and good grief that is a hugh kid how fat was she? Even Ruby's kids are 2 and 3 lbs. usually. Think the biggest I have had from a mini was 5 lb.
    CONGRATS!!

3. Katarina

Katarina New Member

she is solid, she was pretty round when pregnant but not fat, no real jiggles.. She is really small, as in short, I was concerned about breeding her but I guess she did OK, she would likely have not had a lick of issues had she had more than one kid in there.

AND *I* didnt do a thing but sit on a chair and watch while Kate and Grace handled the kidding. They did great as well. But I am SO thankful that he was in perfect position...can you imagine him having to be rearranged?!

I am looking at the papers...it looks like all of our mm sire is Don Juan, with HIS sire being Horns.

SanSaba is the kid that Liberty is holding in my avatar the day that we got her from you.

4. Katarina

Katarina New Member

AND...this makes FIVE bucks to ONE doe!

5. BlueHeronFarm

BlueHeronFarm New Member

Pictures! I love y'all minis. So cute.

6. Qvrfullmidwife

Want a sweet little buckling? :)

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Well Diane need him for next year. Yep Ruby is very small and I didn't breed her until she was 3 yrs old because of it. Don Jaun was also out of a small (short doe) and was awsome little buck he went to AR if I remember correctly. His mom was an awsome milker too.

8. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

WOO HOO!!!

And Sondra my 2 sets of MM twins so far this yr....

1 set 3rd were both 6lbs
    1 set 4th were 4 & 5lbs girl being bigger

9. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Congrats on all the MM...

Autumn

10. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

:woohoo That sure is a big ole boy to have come out of such an itty bitty doe. :whew

11. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OK so where are the pictures ??

12. Katarina

Katarina New Member

Sorry! Mom was out of the house all day at a Dr.'s Appontment. And my siblings were full of energy!

This is probably going to sound silly, but I'll say it anyways. :D He looks like a MiniMancha! :lol Yes and a buck! :D

13. Qvrfullmidwife

I was thinking about it and this would be like me having a 24lb baby! ouchihuahua!

But she really did great, she is such a sweet girl. And this little boy is a favorite here already.

We had one of our LM kid tonight...two bucks, making it SEVEN to ONE bucks to does...and to add insult to injury a doe that I had a deposit on for a doeling kidded in CO with just a singleton buck! Hey! Not fair! I hope the second doe that we have a deposit on gives us a doe...

14. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Good grief I hope your buck influence stays south.!!

15. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Ok I have to ask were are the pictures ???

Patty

16. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

Patty lol! I was just going to ask the same thing Photo's please!