OP questions

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Sondra, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Ok normally I just make a batch at night and have oven on a couple hrs then leave soap in overnight but can I just leave the soap in the 2yrs, take out and cover and still be able to cut in the morning and use right away?

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I just keep my soap in the oven with the pilot light on overnight. I never turn my oven on. I am always able to unmold and cut first thing in the morning.

Sara

3. homeacremom

homeacremom New Member

Well, after 2 yrs. it might be too hard to cut at all. :)

4. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Yeah, how are you going to cook in your oven in the meantime? :rofl

Sara

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

DUH I meant 2hrs. :) I am wanting to hurry up some soap but would like to make more than one batch a night.

6. Anita Martin

Anita Martin Senior Member

Sondra and others who put soap in the oven, how much does this speed cure by? Also, does your fragrance lose any potency?
    Thanks,
    Anita

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I put my MM in a 150 degree oven for 2 hours, turn off the oven and just leave it overnight. Cut in the am. It gives you a thorough gel and makes nice clean bars to cut. You can easily with 3 more days out of humidity wrap the bars. I have a closet that has shelves above and a dehumidifier below....or I run the AC if it's summer, spring or fall :) Eventually I am going to have a cabinet made for my new molds, that will have a lightbulb in it to keep it warm and a little fan...same thing husband has to keep his welding rods dry. Vicki

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yep that is what I have been doing Vicki just wanted to make more than one batch in a day.
    As far as I know I don't loose any fragrance as this is the way I have done it since changing from crockpot method.

9. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

My oven holds 3 molds Sondra. But I only OP now when I am rushed on something. Hopefully I will have my drying 'oven' done before we see each other this spring, or else if we meet partway I will actually post photos :) Vicki