Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok normally I just make a batch at night and have oven on a couple hrs then leave soap in overnight but can I just leave the soap in the 2yrs, take out and cover and still be able to cut in the morning and use right away?

G

·
I just keep my soap in the oven with the pilot light on overnight. I never turn my oven on. I am always able to unmold and cut first thing in the morning.

Sara

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
I put my MM in a 150 degree oven for 2 hours, turn off the oven and just leave it overnight. Cut in the am. It gives you a thorough gel and makes nice clean bars to cut. You can easily with 3 more days out of humidity wrap the bars. I have a closet that has shelves above and a dehumidifier below....or I run the AC if it's summer, spring or fall :) Eventually I am going to have a cabinet made for my new molds, that will have a lightbulb in it to keep it warm and a little fan...same thing husband has to keep his welding rods dry. Vicki

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep that is what I have been doing Vicki just wanted to make more than one batch in a day.
As far as I know I don't loose any fragrance as this is the way I have done it since changing from crockpot method.

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
My oven holds 3 molds Sondra. But I only OP now when I am rushed on something. Hopefully I will have my drying 'oven' done before we see each other this spring, or else if we meet partway I will actually post photos :) Vicki

1 - 9 of 9 Posts