off topic

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Jo~*, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Jo~*

Jo~* New Member

ok where is it :help

2. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

You have to be logged in to view it. I *think*.
    Kaye

3. Jo~*

Jo~* New Member

I am loged in or at least thats what it says on my end. I have noticed that in the past if I was not logged in I didnt see the off topic.

4. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:lol Then I don't know...KATIE, SARA, VICKI,SONDRA!?????

I can see mine, so I don't know.?
    Kaye

5. Jo~*

Jo~* New Member

Thanks for all the PMs :D.
    I will be making a lot more posts come spring (if I can wait that long) because thats when I get my goats.

6. SherrieC

SherrieC New Member

Do you have to have a certain number of Post's? Also? good idea.

7. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Off topic has disappeared from mine to. It was always there and now it is gone. :sniffle :sniffle

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yes just like 4sale you have to have....50 posts for 4 sale and 25 posts for OT. This way we have some posts to track ISP's and to know something about who the person is. We are also making it mandatory you have your area of the country and a name on the bottom of your posts with the breed of goats (which is helpful when answering questions as everyone knows), with a PM of who you really are if you are someone who simply doesn't like folks to know your name.

Most forums have 100 to 500 post limits to get on to archives or recipes etc... Vicki

9. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

I agree on the post limit. We use that off topic section to post our ramblings, personal things about ourselves,family, friends and even poke fun at each other. I'd just rather not have someone I don't know or have not been able to read several other posts by them, having access to personal thoughts and family uh,ohs or joys, veiwing. Then there's always the copy/paste addict that posts to other places, that just freaks me out!! When I post here...I want it to STAY here. Not be used on another forum! :mad yeah, I know it's the internet...BUT, I answer you guys because I feel you're family and friends and take my "joking around" just like it's intended!
    Ok, enough rambling but these are my reasons,
    Kaye

10. I hope I don't offend anyone when I copy/ paste to my Microsoft word. I'm building an information file for emergencies. This way when an emergency pops up outta no where, Lindsey and I can find out what is needed to mend the problem. What is the etiquette on copying anyway? Personally if I would like to use something someone else has wrote I like to ask them first and always give due credit, such as feed and hay storage string awhile ago.

11. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:lol NOT at all...PLEASE copy and paste to your personal files.
    :rofl Then I don't have to keep repeating myself. And you guys know I may change a treatment according to animal symptoms.
    It's just the people that copy/paste to other forums and change a few words or even DOSES! Now, that irks me!
    You just keep on, keeping on...cause the more info you have...the better to treat your own goats or what to look for in a diagnosis. ;)
    Kaye

12. Whats that phrase? Ah yes, "O Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!". Lindsey has a binder about half full now of great info.

13. NubianSoaps.com

The only etiquette for what I write is to spell check it first before you forward it :) Vicki

14. Terry

Terry New Member

I don't post here much because I don't feel like I have enough experience to contribute, but I guess that I'm going to have to start so that I can get my post count up to get back in to the off topic section.
    I have been a member here for over a year and I read every topic posted and even though ya'll don't know me, I feel as if all of you are my friends and I don't want to miss anything that is posted. :blush
    Terry

15. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

I feel the same way Terry. I read almost all of the posts but I am so new to these ventures that I don't have any information to offer. :blush2 My wonderful hubby and I have just started with the goats, 2 doelings and 1 milking doe. We are not breeding this year because we want to get more experience just raising them and learning how to feed and so forth.
    We are interested in making soap and cheese. We do most things together since he is retired from work now. :D

16. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yep well you just have to post and ask questions in the cheese and soap sections too I know much of nothing in those areas but boy can I ask question. You'll be surprize how soon your numbers add up.

17. pokyone42

pokyone42 New Member

That was a surprise when I came onto the site and did not see the "off topic" category! I thought something was wrong with the site! After reading this thread, I went to find how many posts I have made since the site was re-done, and only 19! (and a few of them in the off-topic category, ironically. lol) Oh well, I guess I will have to post more often, then. Except, that, on the other hand, having not posted much lately, must mean that I am either very busy, or that things are going well with my goats, or both! Turns out, it is both! :biggrin Hope you and your goaty friends are all doing well, and having fun getting ready for the holidays.

18. NubianSoaps.com

If you are an old timer from the old forum contact a moderator or Sara or Sondra.

And geeze with Bernice gone, how about becoming my angel on my shoulder like she was...she would post behind me sugarcoating what I was so badly trying to say :) Vicki

19. Sondra

Sondra New Member

look to your left