Nuflor?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by MysticHollowGoats, Dec 3, 2007.

1. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats New Member

I am interested in hearing what everyone would recommended as a dosage on nuflor. Seems to be that every website I have gone to today gave a different idea on dosages.

2. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Oh, I don't know....since VETS tend to use it at their own doses or the cattle doses. And it is INTENDED as a treatment for Bovine Respiratory Disease (M. haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, Haemophilus somnus).

Efficacy vs. Nuflor*

Drug # Animals BRD Mortality /Treatment Response
    Nuflor 210 0.9% 70.5%
    Naxcel 200 1.5% 94.5%
    LA-200 105 7.6% 34.3%

Micotil 724 4.6% 85.6% (Don't even think of using this in goats.)

Me...I use it at 3cc/100#'s once a day for 3 days. So far, it's cured lots of snotty noses around here and it's a little cheaper than Naxce. But, I don't use it for skin infections. I've been using it for about 3 yrs. now.
    Kaye

3. I also use 3cc's per 100# once a day, for 3-5 days. So far, so good. It's worked well for me. I've used it on little bitty bottle babies & older goats. I just finished using it on the jersey heifer, even with her.... I gave it EVERY day.
    susie, mo ozarks

4. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels New Member

Yep, thats the dosage I use it at. I haven't lost anything to pnuemonia since starting to use it several years ago.

5. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Is nuflor broad spectrum enough to use it for other infections like uterine infections, or such as that ? I would love to see a list of goat infections that it has been used on, and how much success followed the use of it.
    If you have used nuflor for other things, would you be so kind to list it below, and also your "opinion" of how well it worked for you. I would love to drop this on hand experience into my goat folder for future reference.

6. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels New Member

Though it says it can be used for....I think its footrot??, I've never used it for anything but Pnuemonia.

7. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

Nuflor is a broad spectrum antibiotic...but it's just too expensive to use for anything other than resp. problems. Especially when others that are cheaper will work for things like open wounds. I can't find a thing on if it will cross into the uterus and mammary like Naxcel.??? Lots of antibiotics won't.
    Kaye

8. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Thanks.....I think I'll just check with the equine vet close to me to see if they keep it on hand in case I need any.....I hate paying for this stuff and then watch it expire setting on the shelve.

9. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Well Whimm the last bottle I got cost me $60 bucks...not to cheap in my book but it does work when other things dont...Yep pretty pricey...