not ready for this!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by LynninTX, Dec 30, 2007.

1. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

OK I am having a rough pregnancy myself... and the last 3 days have been bad.

Kidding season is here.

We have temps in the low 30'-high 20's the next several days...

And dh just came in to tell me he thinks a doe is very very close.

:help2

Trouble is... *I* have her due date as 1/22 but he says she is restless, uncomfortable, star gazing (not what he called it :lol but what he meant) and HE thinks uddered up.

:crazy

Here we go......

I guess if I am up again tonight at 1:30AM hugging my *bowl*... I should send a helper out to check on goaties....

Oh my dd who does goats with me had told me she thought Dolce was 1st but I again argued... no she is not due until 1/22.... :blush

She is a 1st gen 2nd freshner MM bred to a LM buck who throws smaller kids...

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Sorry abt that I know I am going to have some surprises around here too this year again. grrrrrr
    but at least I am not pg too. Hope you don't have to be up all night.

3. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

thanks... I have 3 unknowns... but I though the rest were SET... my calender says they are... think if I show it to her it would help?

THEN - dh asks who was supposed to breed Willow? Thunder. Well he is looking awefully interested in her should I take her over there?

BUT BUT BUT she is DUE 2/2!!!!

We'll see... I said sure go ahead. sigh

4. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

He is trying to help LOL I realized this AM there is no light to my kidding area he was going to fix that tomorrow, but apparently my threat to bring a laboring doe into the kitchen tonight made him decide to work on it NOW.

kitchen sounds better to ME though :lol

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Yep isn't it strange how when they are out there doing the work with the goats things finally get done. I am finally getting a new milk barn after 10 yrs because I left DH with the goats to milk for 2wks :) Also another 20x20 carport for feeding under cover and new fence all because he had to drag hoses to water and feed when it was raining etc etc etc.
    Oh mine would draw the line at having a doe in the house to freshen.