No Ebony is off feed.

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Corky, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Corky

Corky New Member

Ebony is the one with twins.
    She also is the one with Staph mastitis last year.
    She was treated with persue and antibiotics and then dried off and re treated.
    She has not been sore or touchy and has had no problems feeding her girls but now she is not letting them nurse as often but they will be two months old the 24th.

Her only other symptom is pale eye lids.
    I have wormed her orally with ivamec + and then ten days later with ivamectin and then a Month later ivamectin again because she had lumpy poop and was a little off feed.

It could be lice. I have a real problem with them here and nothing I have tried really works very well.

The wormers I use still work here and the other goats have nice pink eyelids.
    I do not understand why this goat.
    I do not do fecals myself and I plan to take one in to the vet next week.

Another possability is coci even though no one else has any symptoms of that either.
    She had it when she came two years ago. She should be imune but....who knows.

The kids are on regular cocci treatments and are fine.

I started red cell this AM and that will help but I need to find the reason for the pale eyelids.

I will add that I am not too worried about her being off feed as she LOVES alfalfa and browses good. It is just a symptom of a problem somewhere.
    She also has a large rueman andfills up on other stuff so she looks like she is carrying quads.

2. Rose

Rose New Member

Sounds like the Ivomec isn't working. Time to get a fecal test and go to another wormer.

3. Corky

Corky New Member

Yes rose that is what I thought but it works for every other goat here.
    I think I waited too lone for the last dose.
    She had very lumpy poop and it is normal again now.
    I may have gotten toe worms but not till they sucked up her blood.

I am going to take the poop for a test but in the mean time I have to tell a funny story.

I gave her the red cel from a syrenge so I could measure the amount I was giving her.

Tonight I put feed in her dish and she just stood there staring into space. I was standing near the milk stand with the bottle of redcel when she tried to take it away from me so I just squirted some on her feed she wasn't eating anyway and she gobbled it all down.

I had just given her a cup of feed so I am not worried that she ate it fast. Problem temporarily solved.

4. Chaty

Chaty New Member

I use the Synergize for lice and it works great...you just apply it to their backs and it works well. I have used it for years and when I see someone itching I get it and it dont take the hair off their backs either. I get it for the cows also and goats and it is done by weight. I jsut measure it up in a syringe and apply. They have a greasy spot for a while but love the stuff and its not expensive either.

5. Corky

Corky New Member

:biggrin
    Ebony ate her grain just fine this AM with the red cell on it.
    This is going to work!

6. Rose

Rose New Member

I have a doe who is goofy for Nutridrench. Sucks it right out of the squirt top.