Nigerian over 1000 pounds of milk!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Agape Oaks, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks Guest

YES!!!
    I just got my most recent milk test back & my Gracie (Agape Oaks Amazing Grace) has hit over 1000 pounds of milk production in 295 days!She's one of my 1st home bred does & my 1st doe to hit over 1000 pounds...... Just have to share with someone who understands- my whole office thinks I've lost my mind :). Gracie is only a 2nd freshener & spent a lot of time this lactation traveling to shows- she went from TX to VA last summer for the AGS nationals, which dropped production....so I expect great things from her next time around- she'll freshen again in April.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

CONGRATULATIONS Pam that is awsome!!

3. MRFBarbara

MRFBarbara Guest

Congrads, isn't it wonderful to prove these little girls are milkers... some just don't believe that.. and congrads on your part in this,, wonderful management attibutes to good milkers, no matter what the breed..
    Barbara

4. Terry

Terry Member

:handclap congrats.
    Terry

5. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

That's great......yep, some of these little gal's can put out a lot. We've got a 2nd freshener this time who kidded last thursday....if she can hold up for a long lactation cycle, she will be a sight. Udder must have gained by 50% or better from last year.

Congratulations, Whim

6. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

7. stacy adams

stacy adams New Member

Yes Pam, that is truly awesome!! Congratulations!! Great job!! :handclap

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

and is so nice to have a ND breeder on test

9. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Congrats! My Alpine doe was "accidentaly" bred by my Nigerian Buck. Maybe that was not such a bad thing after all. Someone who doesn't care about registrations/shows etc. might have a great kid. Thanks for sharing. That is great!

:wow​
    -Kim