nigerian dwarves and mini manchas

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by mshomos, Jun 23, 2014.

1. mshomos

mshomos New Member

Hi! I'm new, raising goats for only a couple of years, and still have lots of questions! I currently have nigerians, 4 does and 2 wethers.

My question is, I saw a mini mancha the other day and fell in love. If I want mini manchas, how do I go about it? Breed one of my does to a standard size La Mancha, another mini mancha, or do I just have to buy a mini mancha and go from there?

I'm in Austin, TX, in case anyone has the necessary stud.

Thanks!

2. HappyCaliGoats

HappyCaliGoats Junior Member

I believe to start off with mini manchas you are supposed to breed a Nigerian dwarf buck to a full size lamancha doe. Just like with mini Nubians :)

Newbie to Nubian dairy goats. Also have 1 alpine/guernsey wether, 1 boer doe, 2 Pygmy does, and 1 Pygmy/Nigerian wether.

3. mountaingoats12

mountaingoats12 New Member

Yep, breed a nd buck to a lamancha doe. Never breed you mini does to a standard buck, because the kids will grow too large and cause serious(if not fatal) kidding problems. Or you can buy a couple mini manchas, like 1-2 does and a buck, and go from there.

4. Rose

Rose New Member

I will be three hours south of you in November. Have two tri-color MiniManchas. Will have kids in the spring. :)