new to soaping

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by SALTCREEK_Nubians_Linda, Sep 12, 2008.

1. I am new to soaping. I did make some alterations to the Wal_Mart recipe with some coco butter, some meadowfoam, and some clay. But it's in a boring scent, Vanilla Cream. Some people who've smelled it didn't think it was vanilla because it's a musky vanilla. They wanted a light vanilla I guess. I love the way this soap feels. I have done lemon verbena with citrus peel (my best seller....gone) My favorite is my Honey Oatmeal (boring) but it sure makes my dry itchy skin feel good.

2. Now that I remember, I used half and half Vanilla Cream and Victoria's Secret type Vanilla Lace in that recipe. Some love it, some don't. That's probably where the musky smell came from. I made it for my daughter who loves all things vanilla. The soap is done and cured well, if anyone is interested. I'd like to take part mostly so I can see all of your lovely soaps, I must admit. Soon I'll be trying some more interesting scents, like vanilla/peonia/patchouli. I have some "Very Sexy for Him" I want to try and Ocean Breeze. Around Christmas I'm trying Frankensence & Myhrr. If "they" want musky, there is one for you. I made a massage oil with it already. It's quite exotic.