New to Nigies

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Hi all,

I have two ND that are going to kid this month..these dates are calculated at 150: Marmy 2/29 and Nutmeg 2/26 and if I go by 145: Marmy 2/24 and Nutmeg 2/21. I also have a lamancha due 2/29 soooo if these two does don't kid by their 145 due dates, is it safe to lute all three on Friday 2/22 to have them all safely kid by Sunday.

Thanks for the info,
    Autumn

2. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

Hi Autumn.......now you know I don't lute, so can't answer the question at all.....but just to get you thinking, we did have a FF Nd that went 153 days on hers last year. Think that I posted a while back that both senior doe's went 145, but the rest was up to 8 days longer....soooooo.

Whim

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

ND you figure 145 days and my LaMancha is usually 147 but as Kaye and Vicki have said if you didn't hand breed and know for certain you don't lute.

4. Meshale

Meshale New Member

I wouldn't lute unless we were pushing 155..and i raise NDs....and i have had them go 152 before*S*

5. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Well I have decided since this is our first round with ND's that I will wait and watch. One of the poor things has been leaking fluid since Friday, she looks like she might just POP...Her 150 day is 2/26 and the other one is 2/29 same as my Lamancha doe. I will keep you all posted...

Autumn

6. Meshale

Meshale New Member

I have girls that get goopy and leaky for fews..before they pop!..LOL....Crazey girls!..lol

7. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

If you know her due date, than kid her out so she does kid on day 150 or just before. Once you get passed the, don't use unless you are sure on due dates...don't let those who don't use it routeinly sway you on the use of a protocol that gives you kids in 36 hours. We used it on over 30 does yearly and this was before the Dex info...and not one problem. It's the same hormones the doe produces naturally to go into labor, it is not somehow capable of messing with her hormones to make her infertile or not be able to kid on her own later.

In the scary weather some of you have up north I can't even imagine having my does kidding in subzero temps while I was at work or not right there. How nice to wake up in the morning knowing that the 3 does will be kidding this afternoon? Vicki