New to board and goats Vaccine W/drawal ?

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by laughter777, Jun 16, 2008.

1. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I recently purchased a mini mancha doe who was vaccinated with Durvet's CDT vaccine. They have no info about a milk withdrawal period. Has anyone here used this vaccine and have any info about it???
    :help2 Thanks!

Now for an intro:
    Hi, I am Sarah, I live in Tomball, TX with my husband our 2 dogs (1 Rat Terrier and 1 American Pit Bull Terrier), 2 horses (1 Appaloosa and 1 Quarter Horse), a donkey, about a dozen chickens (1 Golden Comet roo, 1 RIR hen, 1 BR hen, 2 Americauna hens, 2 mutt hens, 3 mutt/Golden Comet chicks, and 1 straight run that I think is a roo and have NO clue on the breed) In addition to our 16 critters we also take care of a friend's 2 Quarter Horses and 4 Longhorns. Oh yeah and my Mini Mancha! Can't forget Lilly!!

Here's Lilly
    [​IMG]

More pictures of her can be seen at: http://laughterherd.blogspot.com/2008/06/meet-lilly.html

Sarah

2. LMonty

LMonty New Member

welcome, glad to have you here.

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

WElCOME!!
    no withdrawl I don't think but will check. in Goat 101

4. leslieh

leslieh New Member

Hi! Welcome to the board!

CD/T is a commonly used vaccine (and an important one on my farm). The C & D part of it is "Cl. Perfringens & Types C & D". The T part of it is Tetanus. The C D is to prevent "enterotoxemia". Some people call this "over-eating disease", but it is not really an "over-eating" issue. I give all kids a series of 3 shots about 3 weeks apart, then the adults get this vaccine twice a year.

Hope this helps some.

Leslie

5. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Thanks for the welcomes!!
    Leslie do you milk your goats (I assume so the breeds you have, but you never know!) If so how long do you wait before using the milk after vaccinating??

Thanks,
    Sarah

6. Nancy

Nancy New Member

7. Rose

Rose New Member

She looks like a sweetheart! Hopefully she has free choice alfalfa hay all the time to help her recover from nursing all those kids!! Be careful not to over grain her out of kindness. It will upset her digestion. Make any changes slowly.

She will bring you much happiness!

8. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

Hi Sarah!

I checked out your website to see more pictures of Lily, and noticed that you are a Chris LeDoux fan- me too! He was so awesome to see in concert (I saw him twice!) and that was back home in Pennsylvania!

Good luck with your goatie- she's a cutie!

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

No withdrawl time for milk on CD/T

10. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

11. leslieh

leslieh New Member

Like Sondra said, give the shot and use the milk. No effects to worry about.

Leslie

12. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

No milk withdrawal with vaccines. Welcome to the forum! Vicki

13. Terry

Terry Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    Terry

14. Belle

Belle New Member

Welcome to the forum!

15. Daniel Babcock

Daniel Babcock Member

Welcome from one newbie to another. We sure love our mini manchas!