Dairy Goat Info Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Rence, and I'm new to this board. I have five 6 month old Nubians, but I also have a five year old Nubian/Alpine cross (her name is Hali) who is due to kid next week. This will be my very first kidding and I'm very excited (and a bit nervous) :D I've been a goat mama for only a few months.

I plan on milking Hali for the family. She's never been milked regularly before, but she has been milked on occassion by her previous owners. Right now, I'm milking a Jersey (who was never milked before either), so I figure, I got the hard part down, right? :biggrin

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Hi and Welcome!! yep I would think you have the hard part down. :)
Love the lil goat in your avitar!!
Please put your location in your signature line.
Sondra

G

·
Nice to meet you Rence. I have a FF (first freshener) Alpine doe that is due to kid soon as well. I've never watched/assisted with a kidding either. Very excited/nervous. Glad to know there is someone like me here. I have learn a great deal on this forum in a very short amount of time. Still have TONS more to learn though. I think you will find this forum to be VERY helpful and informative. Welcome!

:welcome

-Kim

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome! Kidding is such an exciting time. Wishing you many, healthy doelings.
Megan

·
Registered
19 Posts
:welcome

Glad you joined us.

·
Registered
149 Posts
:hi Glad your here. Gotta love those Nubians.

Wendy

·
Registered
344 Posts
I love that spotted goat in your avatar.

Welcome. I know you'll love it here. I do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, thank you, all, for the warm welcomes! It's sweet and I feel a lot less "foreign". I'm hoping to learn a lot here. I don't know any goat mamas except for the couple that sold me my current babies, and I call her all the time :)

The little guy in the avatar is my buckling "Vinnie".

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
welcome,, Hey I have a buck called "vinnie" though he's white with a yellow beard. but my kids holler at me they says he's too nice a buck to call vinnie, he's Vincent! lol You're vinnie will throw some pretty spots for sure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts