New Member in Michigan

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by mill-valley, Feb 23, 2008.

1. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

Hi, I'm Beth. I live in Coopersville, MI. I have been married for almost a year and we are expecting our first baby in June. I've been into dairy goats for about 5 years now, started in 4-H and just never quit. :D Right now I have 18 including the kids born last week, all American Alpines except one French doe and one recorded grade. We show a little, hope to do our first LA this year. Other than the goats, we have a Boxer mix named Patsy, two cats named Deja and Luisa, two Jersey bottle calves, four brood cows named Annie, Cathy, Blue, and Dolly, an ancient horse named Suzy, and two unnamed geese. We live in an apartment and board all the animals at my husband's grandparents' house. I am a licensed vet tech and my husband is a carpenter.

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Sara

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Hi and WELCOME!! being a vet tech is a big plus you ought to be able to get meds you need with no problem. (well if your working for a vet):)

4. rrziga

rrziga New Member

Welcome, this is a awesome resource for the experienced goat person and the inexperienced. Many very nice and knowledgeable people here.

5. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

Thanks all, yes it is nice to get meds discounted...for now. I'm quitting when the baby comes so then I will be high and dry. It works great for doing fecals and lab work though.

6. LMonty

LMonty New Member

Welcome! Glad to have you join us.