new baby goaties

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by andiplus5, Feb 25, 2008.

1. andiplus5

andiplus5 New Member

:biggrin WOOOHOOOO! I am a first time goatie mommy now!! My alpine/pygmy cross just kidded this morning! 1 buckling and 1 doeling! They look just like their Boer/Nubian daddy, ears and all! Their so tiny!! I'm so excited!! :crazy
    Funny thing is...I had my other pregnant doe in the kidding stall because she was supposed to kid first. This morning I go to the store and call home to make sure I got everything and my son tells me my goat is having babies. I got so excited because I though it was Flo, the one in the kidding stall. My son tells me NO, it's Dawn and she's kidding out in the field!!!!!!!!! UUGGHH!!!!!!!!!!So I rush home and sure enough there she is with 2 precious little babies IN THE FIELD! So we put them in the kidding stall and made them comfy. Of course, I missed the first kidding, because it's just my luck. Like putting the wrong doe in the stall! Those poor goats probably think I'm an idiot! It's a good thing they know what they're doing because I don't. Anyway, when I can I will post pics.
    I'm a happy goatie mommy tonight!!!!!!
    Andi

P.S. Dawn came to us a little wild so I haven't been able to feel her ligaments or get a good close-up look at her. I was just going by looking at her from a distance. She didn't look as close as Flo, who by the way lets me feel whatever I want to as long as she gets a treat!!

2. Shykid Acres

Shykid Acres Guest

Congrats! That is GREAT! I will be a first time goat momma too. Soon... Look forward to pics!
    :handclap​

3. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

Congrats and you will love baby's they are allot of fun to have around

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Congratulations!!

5. Truly

Truly New Member

:woohoo

Welcome to the addiction!!

6. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Congratulations. I'm glad your doe had no problems. Kathie

7. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Yeah! It's almost a relief when we find them already on the ground. Then *I* don't stress so much. LOL