Nematode Counting Slides

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Shereen, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Shereen

Shereen New Member

2. stoneyheightsfarm

stoneyheightsfarm New Member

A piggyback to this question: Would y'all recommend buying this company's EPG Fecal Analysis Kit? I've been reading through the fecal question posts and am wondering how different it is to look at one of these slides as opposed to a standard slide and if the instructions contained are that much different than say Karin Christianson's instructions? Or what my vet does? (She does not use a chambered slide)

Also, if we're being that precise, would it be worth it to get a balance or scale to measure out an exact gram of fecal sample? I've noticed over the past couple weeks that berries can be vastly different and wonder if just taking "2 to 3 berries" is going to give me an accurate comparison?

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Think you all are making this extra hard work go read Sue Reiths article in Goat 101 and do it often so you know what worms you have. I wouldn't pay the money for the EPG kit myself and yep 2 to 3 berries is going to tell you alot.

4. Shereen

Shereen New Member

You guys have created some seriously poop obsessed monsters.
    I have such a hard time counting I thought with more squares it would be easier.

5. goatershubby

goatershubby Guest