Neg test for Preg

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by debrad636, Aug 17, 2008.

1. debrad636

debrad636 New Member

The doe I was trying hard to dry up for the last 2 weeks, is not preg. I sent blood off to Bio tracking on Mon. Results are neg for being pregnant. I sent blood off, because I wanted to know for sure if she was bred. Second guessing myself. She looks more pregnant than the rest of my doe's, she should be due late Sept. or mid Oct., but she was so hard to dry off. Now with this test saying she isn't bred, I put her in with my buck, she is showing No signs of wanting him. Runs away. Could Bio tracking be wrong.
    Please help with any Ideas

Thanks
    Deb

2. Rose

Rose New Member

She's not in heat. Not in the mood. :biggrin

Give her time and let the seasons change.

3. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I've used Bio Tracking for more pregnancy tests that I can remember. I've never had them be wrong.

Sorry, but your doe isn't bred.

Sara

4. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho Member

She's obviously not in season. When she is, she'll stand for the buck.

I doubt BioTracking was wrong. Like Sara, I have used them more times than I can remember -- they've never been wrong.

Tracy

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

The only testing I know of that Biotracking was wrong...well they weren't.... the owner sent in blood before the time was up....she was just sure her buck was sterile because she had seen the does bred :) vicki

6. debrad636

debrad636 New Member

:sigh
    Thanks, maybe I was hoping really bad that she was bred.

Deb

7. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

Exactly...I had that last fall. Low and behold, we had May babies instead of March...but she WAS bred...only by a few days before testing though.