Needing Raw Milk Info

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by whimmididdle, Jun 20, 2008.

1. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

I'm looking for any studies that have to do with the total contents of raw goats milk.....percentages of any vits/mins......just whatever is all in it.
    I know that protein/fat can vary from breed to breed, and from goat to goat for that matter. I also expect that things can change according to what they are fed too......so I guess what info that might be out there, would probably be just an average. That's OK too.

Thanks in advance,

Whim

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I am pretty sure this is up on adga.org or try Linda's site at cometothefarm.com And I am sure at one time this was at saanendoah.com also under Why goat milk? Vicki

3. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

YES ! Thanks.....I knew that some of you had it at the tip of your finger.

Whim

4. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

5. eliya

eliya New Member

:yeahthat

Whim, get Dr. Bernard Jensen's book, "Goat Milk Magic." This mostly talks about the health benefits of goats milk, but he also talks about WHY to drink it RAW. He has charts of vitamins and minerals in there. He is really good about explaining how good goats milk is for you. I highly recommend it.

Did you know that if you take salmonella and put some in a glass of pasteurized milk and some in a glass of raw milk, leave it for a certain amount of time and come back, the pasteurized milk will have tons of salmonella growing in it, but the raw milk will have NONE. The raw milk has enzymes in it that break up bacteria and germs and kills them.

6. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

I did not know that at all.

I'm glad that I ask for this info on the main board here now.....Great info coming in that adds teeth to the promoting of raw goats milk.
    Thanks again for all the info......and I'll see if I can find that book also.

I haven't had time to read all the details yet....but does anybody know if goat milk contains a natural drug called Tryptophan SP? I know that cows milk supposed to have it, and it is made more available by warming it (the milk) up before drinking it. ?

Whim

7. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

"Goat Milk Magic" is a wonderful book to have in your library!!

8. Jo@LaudoDeumFarm

[email protected] New Member

William Douglass, "the Milk Book" is better than Goat Milk Magic. And the Story Of RAW Milk is better than both. If you haven't read that one you should.

9. eliya

eliya New Member

Are you talking about "The Untold Story Of Milk: Green Pastures, Contented Cows and Raw Dairy Products " by Ron Schmind? I'll have to look into both books - haven't read either. I know I loved Goat Milk Magic so I'm sure I'd like the other ones as well.

10. Rose

Rose New Member

I can't find Goat Milk Magic for less than $50.

11. Rose

Rose New Member

THANK YOU THANK YOU! :D

12. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

:biggrin Yes, Thankyou too. I have a bit of brain overload from all this info.....still got a bunch of reading to do.....but already I'm getting a new sense of the words "a land flowing with milk and honey", and just how important that these two things can be to a nation.

Thanks again,

Whim

13. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

We just got the The Untold Story Of Milk book not long ago and have skim-read it. Looks like a good book.

14. Jo@LaudoDeumFarm

[email protected] New Member

Yes, that's the right title. The science/information is more accurate than either of the others.