Need help with doe that won't settle

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Hello

A friend of mine has a 3 year old that just will not settle, they have tried several vet recommended solutions and nothing is working. She has been copper bolused, has kidded fine for the last two years but just won't settle this year she is coming into heat again today. Is there something that can help settle this doe, they have tried PG 600, Factoril and something else and nothing is working.

Thanks
    Autumn

2. Good Goats

Good Goats New Member

Are her heat cycles the regular 18-21 days apart? If they are not, she could be cystic. You can administer a drug that pops the cyst and she can be bred. Just an idea.

Suriyah

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OK if she was bred at least 30 days ago I would send in sample to the lab as I have a doe that cycles every month that she is bred.

4. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

= Factrel, Ova-cyst, does the same thing as Cystorellin.
    If they've tried what you've mention, then I'd have to say the doe has a uterine infection keeping her from settleing. uterine flush is in order. Easier said than done...and unless the vet is good at AI'ing goats, in heat, then it needs to be done by someone who knows how to AI. You have to get the meds. (mentioned in Sue's article) into the uterus...not just a vaginal flush.
    Kaye