Need help with a recipe.

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Amanda Lee, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

I want to make a soap that smells like a local baked bread ... really a cake with no icing.
    It has cloves, cinnamon, pecans, and dates in it.

I don't know what to use cinnamon EO or a FO such as Cinnamon Buns to help get the sweet smell and cinnamon into the soap. I thought about swirling in the ground cloves.

Any thoughts, advice or suggestions? Thanks Amanda Lee

2. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

There is a FO called Fresh Baked Bread... it is wonderful and smells so like the real thing. Perhaps you could blend it with other FO's to come up with what you are looking for.

I have about an ounce of the Fresh Baked Bread if you are interested.

Sara

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

A really good way to try what you are wanting is with q-tips. Dip one in OMH and then one in your cinnamon...I actually prefer the FO cinnabun to straight cinnamon. Put it together into a jar for a few mintues then open up the jar and smell. I think the OMH scent is a good base for bakery products because it has the almond and oatybakery scent to start with.

Be carefuly using spice in it's raw form like cinnamon or clove, it is scartchy and is irritating to 'sensitive' parts :) vicki

4. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

I also love the Cinnamon Buns FO. It is wonderful!

Yeah, the Q-Tip or coffee filter idea works so well. :)

Sara

5. Caprine Beings

Caprine Beings New Member

:yeahthat with what Vicki said about raw spices. If you do use EO use a cinnamon cassia rather than a cinnamon leaf :ick. Per 8lb batch I have found it better to use less than more of the raw spice, 1/8th teaspoon or less if possible. EO's and raw spices will do some pretty funky things, found that out with the layest soap swap. Tammy

6. Amanda Lee

Amanda Lee Member

Thanks for the Q-tip / coffee filter trick!!!

I will have to do this. My OMH is coming this week. It is from Lillian's co-op. I am think about doing co-op on Cinnamon Bun FO. I need to email Lillian about it first.

I have never used raw spices, so I more than likely will just us FO's to get my scent.

Thanks, Amanda Lee