·
Registered
344 Posts
Aren't Saanens supposed to be white?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but this one is a little color confused, lol. We ended up with 1 white one and 1 colored. My wife thought the nubian buck escaped again when she saw the color. :biggrin. Do you use the same color descriptions for sable as you do for alpines? If so, what color would describe this little guy?

Thanks,
Ray Adams

·
Registered
344 Posts
I can't answer that question, but I'm sure someone here can.

They are cute tho.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were pretty sure of the sire since we don't own an alpine buck. Only bucks with color are our nubians, and you can always tell a nubian cross by the ears, :rofl If you look close at the picture you can see a little doeling with a black spot on her side as well ( the one on the far left)

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
From the picture he looks like a kid from a LaMancha I used to have. except yours has ears :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
:biggrin YEP! That's a sable! Dang it, there's "our" Sable...Patty & Camille!!!

I keep hoping for a Togg colored Sable...my doe's (Saanen) twin brother was Togg colored....yeah, I'll do a DNA just because I have toggs, too...but doe's owner only had Saanens! So, color is in the genes.
Kaye

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
Yep if I was going to do a swiss breed it also would be a Sable. Cute cute Ray! vicki

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I like your babies. He looks just like one my friend had. She registered hers as a Sundgau Sable. Kathie

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
well If I was gonna get a sable thats the best color It looks like a big old Brittish Alpine.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Errrr I knew I should not have opened this thread !!! If I do not get a sable this year I am gonna scream !! And cry and whine :really

Nice little guy ...lucky you .

Patty

If all of the above fail and Kaye and Camille have sables I am taking a road trip to steal them !

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Very cute, definately sundgau....I've got three of them! Except mine are Alpines.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cute!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts