Need help on this one...

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Rambar Ranch, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Truly

Truly New Member

Aren't Saanens supposed to be white?

2. Rambar Ranch

Rambar Ranch New Member

Yes, but this one is a little color confused, lol. We ended up with 1 white one and 1 colored. My wife thought the nubian buck escaped again when she saw the color. :biggrin. Do you use the same color descriptions for sable as you do for alpines? If so, what color would describe this little guy?

Thanks,
    Ray Adams

3. Truly

Truly New Member

I can't answer that question, but I'm sure someone here can.

They are cute tho.

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

appears to be sangua ARE you real sure of the parentage?? :)

5. Rambar Ranch

Rambar Ranch New Member

Were pretty sure of the sire since we don't own an alpine buck. Only bucks with color are our nubians, and you can always tell a nubian cross by the ears, :rofl If you look close at the picture you can see a little doeling with a black spot on her side as well ( the one on the far left)

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

From the picture he looks like a kid from a LaMancha I used to have. except yours has ears :)

7. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

:biggrin YEP! That's a sable! Dang it, there's "our" Sable...Patty & Camille!!!

I keep hoping for a Togg colored Sable...my doe's (Saanen) twin brother was Togg colored....yeah, I'll do a DNA just because I have toggs, too...but doe's owner only had Saanens! So, color is in the genes.
    Kaye

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Yep if I was going to do a swiss breed it also would be a Sable. Cute cute Ray! vicki

9. goatkid

goatkid New Member

I like your babies. He looks just like one my friend had. She registered hers as a Sundgau Sable. Kathie

10. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

well If I was gonna get a sable thats the best color It looks like a big old Brittish Alpine.

11. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

Errrr I knew I should not have opened this thread !!! If I do not get a sable this year I am gonna scream !! And cry and whine :really

Nice little guy ...lucky you .

Patty

If all of the above fail and Kaye and Camille have sables I am taking a road trip to steal them !

12. mill-valley

mill-valley New Member

Very cute, definately sundgau....I've got three of them! Except mine are Alpines.

13. Rambar Ranch

Rambar Ranch New Member

Hey Patty do you know how to get a sable? Wish not to get one :rofl

Ray

14. Patty13637

Patty13637 New Member

:crazy :sniffle

Wish I had someone coming North from Texas. Transportation just costs a fortune now.

Patty

15. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

brittish alpines

[​IMG]

16. Janelle

Janelle New Member