Need help identifying these worms

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

My hubby got me a microscope for my birthday and I just got around to using it. Here are some photos that I need help identifying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Autumn

2. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

The first two are pollen I believe. The others, perhaps they are hairs?

3. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

:biggrin Heck...if that's all you are worried about, then you ain't got no worries. Find us something that looks a lot like a chicken egg that you can see through to the yolk, or one that has little bubbly looking stuff in them. Playing with poop is fun.....so glad you can join in now.

Whim

4. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

I did find some barberpole eggs but these I didn't know what they were. Glad to know that it is pollen and hair.

Thanks
    autumn

5. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

1st 3 are pine pollen! I couldn't find a decent picture that actually showed the dark spots like they should be. THANKS!!! Now, whoever it was I was trying to explain it to....see it looks like a mickey mouse cap with the ears black!

Others are hairs or fibers.
    Kaye

6. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Yea, I had TONS of pollen in the fecal I did today. I've never seen it like this. This morning, when the wind would blow, the trees would send out yellow clouds the shape of the tree. And when it really got windy, it was just hazy outside!

7. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

:rofl About 2 weeks ago, I had someone here looking at the goats...it was kinda' windy and one of the trees DUSTED pollen everywhere...they were just amazed. It looked like a yellow dust storm. Then I showed them the top of the water trough where it had landed.
    Thanks for the good pictures!
    Kaye