Need Help: A few questions.

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Keeperofmany, May 14, 2008.

1. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Ok.
    Question #1. What was the dosage for the Ivermec injectable given orally?

Question #2. What would the dosage be for Selenium-E ( 3.0 mg of selenium/vitamin E 136 I.U. per 50 ml bottle?

Question #3. One of my does that I knew was pregant but didn't know when she was due kidded sometime btween 9:30 pm and 7:30 am Tuesday. When I went to the barn it was all over, she was lying there all content with her baby and he was all dried off. She ate her breakfast of Boss,Oats and Alfalfa pellets. Then she ate her dinner of Alfalfa pellets. She has refused to eat anything since. She will eat hay fir boughs and she got out and tried to gobble up the chicken food. So she will eat that. Went to a friends and got a bit of dairy ration just to try and he wouldn't eat that. She has no temp., seems fine and is looking after her baby fine. What's going on? :crazy

Wendy

2. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

#1 I use Ivermectin at 1 cc per 22lbs.

#2 don't know that one

#3 I had a doe that kidded on 5-3 and she kidded fine, cleaned out fine (so I thought), well this week has been a rough one, she got a little too much alfalfa, got diarrhea and everything went down hill from there, she has finally started to eat again, yet she doesn't like the pellet she has been eating for a year so I have been giving her some whole oats and beet pulp to get her back up to par. Some does do this. The first thing I would do is take her temp. and then you can go from there.

Hope she starts feeling well soon
    Autumn

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

yep something is wrong if not eating grain and alfalfa pellets. so take the temp but I always start on B Complex and CMPK regardless just in case.
    BoSe is 1 cc per 40lb. so what is the name on your bottle? read Sue Reiths article in 101 regarding selenium she explains all the different potencies.

4. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Thanks for the replies. Sondra the name on the bottle is Selenium-E. I wanted to give some to my lttle baby too. He weights 4 lbs.( Mini Nubian ).How and where do I give it and how much would I give him? 1/2 cc??

Nuisence(the new mommy ) ate her oats and Boss this morning and a little alfalfa pellets. No problem eating hay. Oh yeah, no fever. I hope she is getting over this hump.

Wendy

5. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Also remember when a doe eats a placenta or two she doesn't have room in her rumen to eat much of anything, it will take awhile for it to be digested through. Vicki

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

BoSe: 1mg selenium, 50mg Vitamin E, in each ml of the product.
    MuSe: 5mg selenium, 50mg Vitamin E, in each ml of the product.
    Myosel B: 1mg selenium, 50mg Vitamin E, in each ml of the product.
    Myosel E: 2.5mg selenium, 50mg Vitamin E, in each ml of the product.
    Myosel M: 5mg selenium, 50mg Vitamin E, in each ml of the product.

and your product is 3 mg; 136 units / ml
    so here you have 136 units or IU of Vit E and One IU natural vitamin E equals 0.67 mg alpha-tocopherol; ... so you have 96 mg of E which is a good thing

Ok I would give 1/4 cc myself and then if needed give another 1/4 the next day.

7. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

How do I give the Selenium-E? In the muscle or under the skin?

Wendy

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

SQ under the skin

9. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Thanks you guys. :D She is starting to eat now. Not as much as before she had the baby but getting there. :whew

This is the first time for me having goats that have babies. I was wondering even wether to breed them this fall to kid because I am just plain scared for them and didn't think I could handle it if something went wrong. But I guess they had other ideas and wern't going to wait for me to let them enjoy the bucks company. They let the buck out themselves. :blush

Many thanks to all you guys for this form, Wendy

10. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Wendy was the BoSe for the doe or the babies ? when I said 1/4 cc I was talking abt the babies. the doe would need it per weight.

11. Keeperofmany

Keeperofmany New Member

Sondra, I as inquring for the baby. He only weights 4 lbs.

Wendy

12. Sondra

Sondra New Member