Need dosages..

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Ravens Haven, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Hi all,

I need dosages for Thiamin and Vitamin A & D.

Thanks
    Autumn

2. pokyone42

pokyone42 New Member

Well, for calves, my injectable says it is 1/2 to 1 ml and repeated in 60 days if necessary... I don't know the goat dosage.........sorry.....

3. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

My vet just told me that Thiamin every 4 to 5 days in stress situations also the same amount of days on B Complex. Not sure on the A & D.. but would 'assume' they would be the same.

Would be interested to see what some of the pro's have on this.. as we know how vets are. :/

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Unless you are combating something specifically A&D is busy work. I could see giving A&D shots if you were up north and the goats lived in a barn during the frozen winter with no natural light. yep busy work! vicki

5. Kaye White

Kaye White Guest

I agree on the A&D. Besides, what they don't need they pee out. So, why put the meds. in to be peed out on the ground? If you're feeding good hay and minerals they really don't need it.

B1 or Thiamine...I save it only for polio or listo- Rx item. Fortified B Complex...yeah, I can see giving it to boost the rumen in times of stress, under medication, etc... I use the most of this med. during kidding season to get those does going and still throw out bottles with meds. left in them. 1/2 bottles in the med. kit stink...it's cheap and OTC.
    Kaye