Need CMPK dose

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by VickiLynne, Apr 10, 2008.

1. VickiLynne

VickiLynne Member

I'm at work and a friend called me stating her Saanen doe was alittle off feed last night. This morning at milking she had no milk and udder was not full and placid. She also didn't want feed this morning. She is nibbling on hay, peeing and poops are fine. No temp. She is acting sluggish. I suggested CMPK. Friend only has the big tube of cattle CMPK. I have done a search for it and can not find one. Does anyone know how to dose this kind of CMPK?

Thanks,
    Vicki in NC

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

We used to use a quarter of the big tube, it's fine for short term use, long term use and it will burn her tongue and throat because it coats it. Perhaps put it into a blender with water and tube it instead. Vicki

3. Chaty

Chaty New Member

When I had to use the tube kind I mix it with snowcone syrup and give it a better taste and dont burn as bad either.

4. VickiLynne

VickiLynne Member

Thanks all,

I told her she would have to use something like snowcone syrup or something to cut it because it will burn their throats. She is getting CMPK injectable eventually from vet. But she wanted to get something in this doe as quickly as she could in the meantime.

Vicki in NC

5. SandyReuel

SandyReuel New Member

Hey Vicki,
    Maybe the doe in question does need CMPK but her symptoms are very much like Ketosis. Have her give the doe 30cc of Propylene Glycol twice a day and a 500mg tablet of Niacin twice a day until she starts eating again.
    Sandy