Need a Sonogram Done?? North Texas

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by KJFarm, Jan 2, 2008.

1. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Our dairy goat club has just located another guy who does sonograms on goats. He is supposed to be better at it than John Edwards. His sonogram machine is elite enough to be able to tell the sex of the kids, if the does are far enough along.
    They are trying to set up a songram clinic, tentatively, in Rhome, Texas. They are looking at Sat. Jan 5, Wed. Jan 9 or Sat. Jan 12. I believe he charges $5.00 per goat and if you want him to burn it on a CD it is $10. If anyone in North Texas is interested, and to get more information, contact Anne Jones at ac.jones@hughes.net, ASAP - they need to know how many will be coming with goats.

2. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Do you know anyone who used him last year you could contact and see if he is worth your while :) Vicki

3. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Kim Hull just had him at her place yesterday. I haven't heard from her today to see what she thought. This guy sells sonogram equipment, so I guess he probably has the best!! I'll try to get ahold of Kim, then I'll know more.

4. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I can't remember but how far along do they need to be??

5. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

Sondra,
    This guy says they sonogram best at 30-40 days bred. I am waiting for a call back with his phone number. I've heard from a couple of people who went to Kim's Tuesday and they are all very, very impressed with him. He is not good at telling you how far along they are - but that's something the breeder ought to already know. When I get more information, I'll post it here.

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

7. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

OK, here's the contact information: Josh Owen / Jacksboro, Texas / cell phone: 940/507-0054. He has a $150.00 minimum, but the sonograms are $5.00, the minimum might be more the further he has to travel. It's looking like our club will be having him on Wed. Jan. 9 and it will be in the Rhome/Haslet area, they haven't worked out a definate start time, but when they decide, I'll post it here. But, if anyone plans to come, you need to contact Anne Jones to let them know how many you are bringing. Our club is already putting him on the schedule for this fall for our annual sonogram party. The guy that did it for us Dec. lst was a joke - this was the second time they tried to use him, but no more.

8. KJFarm

KJFarm Senior Member

I have an set date on the sonogram clinic. It will be next Wednesday, Jan. 9th from 11 - 3 ish. If anybody is interested, call Anne Jones at 817/832-8686, to let her know how many you are bringing. I keep hearing that this guy is really good, and is good to explain things to you. Also was told that you will get the best picture, if you clip the belly up, in front of the udder. This is going to be held at Gregory Anderson's place, his address is 489 County Rd. 4840, Haslet, Tx. 76052, you can print a map from Mapquest.