Name & Logo

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Goater, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Goater

Goater Guest

After viewing the names and logos on Yahoo, we put our vote in for Logo #3 (w/o the milkbucket.) We like the name American MiniMancha Club but the name American MiniMancha Breeders Association (copying the INBA) sounds authoritative. We want to be the final authority on breed standards.

Goater's Hubby &

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

or National but also think it needs to be Association.
    Decide on a name and then a logo can be worked up around it.

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

American Mini LaMancha Breeders Association
    National Mini LaMancha Breeders Association

Do you want it National or American
    Do you want it Mini LaMancha or Mini Mancha
    Do you want it club or association

Suggestions?? Discussion or "Cussin" here

4. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I like National Mini Lamancha Breeders Association.

National and Association sound more professional than American and CLub.
    As cute as Mini Mancha is, I think we should use Lamancha (isn't that the real name???)
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

5. Sondra

Sondra New Member

YES Mini LaMancha is the real name

6. Theresa

Theresa New Member

I agree that it should be National Mini Lamancha Breeders Association. But I really like calling them M&M's. :biggrin
    Theresa

7. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

Another vote for

but I do call them Mini Manchas....

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I like this also. Vicki

9. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Sounds good to me also.

10. Goater

Goater Guest

The National Mini LaMancha Breeders Association

With "The" or without?

It has zing!

11. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Don't forget here that we might want to use just letters for a logo for instance the National Mini Nubian Breeders Club their logo contains NMBC which to me is a little misleading.

So ours would be NMLBA or TNMLBA ?????? and don't forget we have to come up with a logo

12. Goater

Goater Guest

If we want to use the "The", can we disregard it when doing the initials? It's the old filing question, do you file the "The" or start with the next word. :shrug
    Everyone needs to look at the logos Sondra has posted and give some input. We still like #3, sans milk bucket.

13. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Barb the logos will have to be changed and once we decide on a name then I will or we all can come up with some logos to then vote on.

14. Nancy

Nancy New Member

I like the national mini lamancha breeders association.

15. Feral Nature

Feral Nature Active Member

without the "the"

16. nitrors4

nitrors4 Guest

Not that my vote counts, but I think without the "The" sounds better.

17. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Silly question...through reading I have determined that La Mancha is a region, Lamancha or LaMancha is the goat, but is it with a lower case or capital M??? or does that matter?

18. Goater

Goater Guest

I've seen it both ways. ADGA spells it LaMancha. If we're leaning in that direction then Mini LaMancha or MiniLaMancha. The other way would be Mini Lamancha or MiniLamancha.

19. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I think if we are wanting to go ADGA (I must admit how hard it is for me to put ADGA instead of ADBA...my Pittie is ADBA/UKC registered...so it's what I'm used to!) with the goats one day it might be best to write it the way they do. Granted I think everyone has and I am the only one that over analyzes things and looks at the capitalization of one letter in one word!

Sarah

20. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

OK do we want to be National Mini Lamancha Breeders Association and be NMLBA.com or doe we want to be NMLMB.com which is way to long to remember :) or :) we could just to NMLB and drop the association or do we want to be NationalMiniLamanchaBreedersAssociation.com...say it isn't so :) Or drop breeders....

Kind of a sequence of events, I am purchasing the .com before we finalize a name in stone in our bylaws.

I will post the bylaws this coming week for us to OK then the constitution. We will slate our officers and then appoint a newsletter editor because it is part of our bylaws that we will vote from the ballot in the newsletter in the fall (starting 2009). With new officers taking office the first of the year (starting in 2010), voting by members only in that calander year. So it must go out 4 times a year, dues will reimburse the newsletter editor for ink, paper and stamps and also stamps for the welcome wagon which I will do for awhile (sending a welcome to the association letter to all new members who join like I do with INBA).

With the .com in place and officers having passwords to renew it like on this forum.... Teresa will open a bank account and the logo will be finalized. Sondra will put up a website which she will run for now with all officers knowing the passwords etc... We will then open this for membership with monies going to Teresa, we will run secretary treasurer the way which has worked for me in the past with two signatures with Teresa holding the check register and writing checks but the statement going to the President so they can balance the books also, this way there is a double check on all funds spent.

After the first of the year from the membership will come directors for areas of the country (voted on here on the forum this year) and then committee appointments by the EC (The Executive Committe is the 3 slated officers and directors (probably 4). The committee chairs will then go through applications found in the 2nd newsletter to fill their committees. Breed Standard will be one committee as will long range goals (which includes but certainly isn't limited to inclusion of the breed into ADGA, find out what numbers of animals registered this means). The other is up to the membership.

OK, anything glarringly wrong? Vicki