My goat is addicted!

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by RadioFlyer, Oct 1, 2008.

1. RadioFlyer

RadioFlyer New Member

I have a 6 month old Nigerian doe that LOVES Probios paste. I had to give it to her when I got her because she was a bit impacted (along with mineral oil and lots of drenching with water with electrolytes). I have the big tube that fit's in the caulking gun looking device. I have it hanging on a hook on the wall and she is constantly sucking on the end (I took the cap off). There's hasn't been any adverse affects from her addiction, but I'm wondering, is 'a few' daily doses too much? She gets so excited when she sees me plunger some out for her, it's funny! I routinely give all the goats a little shot of it once a week, they love it too.

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

probios won't hurt.

3. BlissBerry

BlissBerry Guest

You know, you could just move the tube. :)

Sara

4. Bilrite Farms

Bilrite Farms Guest

You know, sometimes with the NDs I think it is more of an oral thing with them. We have NDs that love to nibble at treats, our fingers, our clothing and of course those same animals LOVE getting stuff like probiotic paste and their wormer too, even di-methox - and I know that stuff is nasty tasting.

Trisha

5. RadioFlyer

RadioFlyer New Member

What, and deny her? :lol I actually put it where it is just so she can treat herself to it, as long as it won't hurt her. And no, she's not spoiled, I'm just well-trained. She's kinda 'special'. ;)

6. :rofl
    That girl is spoiled! With good reason.
    She does love her ProBios.

7. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Thank GOD it isn't something else like antibiotics :)

8. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels New Member

Not just a ND thing.....all my Nubian does/kids are like that and this years Lamancha doelings too.....They will nibble and chew on anything within reach if its something thats not normally there.