My first lotion bars

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by Ravens Haven, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Yeah, I made my first lotion bars using Bethany's recipe in the recipe section, they are lovely might I add. I changed the Sweet Almond to Hemp as that is what I have on hand, I love them. I used the little heart molds from Target (thank you , Sara) they are soo cute..Now i have to find someone to try them out. I made plain and Patchouli...

Thanks for letting me share,
    Autumn :biggrin

2. Sheryl

Sheryl New Member

:handclap woo hoo. congrats. I've just got to start making soap. and there's sooooo much I want to make. But I gotta concentrate on the regular stuff and getting it right :sigh then I'll try lotion bars. Glad it went so well for you.

Sheryl

3. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Good for you! I really do like them and they are fun and easy to make. :)

4. redskygal

redskygal New Member

Way to go Autumn!! That gives me an idea for teacher valentines gifts, longer lasting than chocolate, and less calories. I am excited to make my first lotion bar, good to know I can try out the Target heart molds. I just found out I have to order some new beeswax, I opened my beeswax pellets and PU - it smelt like bad plastic. I didn't realize it would go bad.

Kelly

5. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I'm glad you like them. I am liking them a lot better in bars than I did when I had them in tubes. I have made some in those little heart molds too for valentines day.

Bethany

6. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Yep I am going to give this first batch away. I have just got to find something to put two of those little hearts in. I thought about the slide tin for lip gloss do you all think they are deep enough or should I find something else?

Thanks
    Autumn

7. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

Autumn.. Michael's has little heart containers.. think there are 10 in a pack, maybe 12 for $2. The little hearts fit in them perfect!!! They are used to put candy in.. plastic.. red and pink.. made like the sweetheart candys.
    Rett

8. Kalne

Kalne New Member

Oh now that's a cute idea!

9. Ravens Haven

Ravens Haven New Member

Thank you, Rett, I will go tomorrow...

Thanks Autumn

10. pettigrewfarms

pettigrewfarms New Member

Way to go Autumn. I hope to get some maid soon.

11. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

Those slide tins are too shallow. I'm using the 2 oz flats that I bought for my regular bars, but they ended up being to small for the regular bars and I made these hearts just to use those tins! The hearts don't fit perfectly, but it will do. they will be a "limited edition" for valentines day.

Bethany