Dairy Goat Info Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I made my first lotion bars using Bethany's recipe in the recipe section, they are lovely might I add. I changed the Sweet Almond to Hemp as that is what I have on hand, I love them. I used the little heart molds from Target (thank you , Sara) they are soo cute..Now i have to find someone to try them out. I made plain and Patchouli...

Thanks for letting me share,
Autumn :biggrin

·
Registered
778 Posts
:handclap woo hoo. congrats. I've just got to start making soap. and there's sooooo much I want to make. But I gotta concentrate on the regular stuff and getting it right :sigh then I'll try lotion bars. Glad it went so well for you.

Sheryl

·
Registered
80 Posts
Way to go Autumn!! That gives me an idea for teacher valentines gifts, longer lasting than chocolate, and less calories. I am excited to make my first lotion bar, good to know I can try out the Target heart molds. I just found out I have to order some new beeswax, I opened my beeswax pellets and PU - it smelt like bad plastic. I didn't realize it would go bad.

Kelly

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm glad you like them. I am liking them a lot better in bars than I did when I had them in tubes. I have made some in those little heart molds too for valentines day.

Bethany

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep I am going to give this first batch away. I have just got to find something to put two of those little hearts in. I thought about the slide tin for lip gloss do you all think they are deep enough or should I find something else?

Thanks
Autumn

·
Registered
514 Posts
Autumn.. Michael's has little heart containers.. think there are 10 in a pack, maybe 12 for $2. The little hearts fit in them perfect!!! They are used to put candy in.. plastic.. red and pink.. made like the sweetheart candys.
Rett

·
Registered
723 Posts
Those slide tins are too shallow. I'm using the 2 oz flats that I bought for my regular bars, but they ended up being to small for the regular bars and I made these hearts just to use those tins! The hearts don't fit perfectly, but it will do. they will be a "limited edition" for valentines day.

Bethany

1 - 11 of 11 Posts