MY does may hate me

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by KUrby, Jan 31, 2008.

1. KUrby

KUrby New Member

Well today was the blood drawing day. urgh!! What a feat that was. The first doe was great, hit it the 1st time no biggie. Second doe, well had trouble finding thru all the fat layers!! :rofl She got stuck about 4 times! GEEZO! Then doe # 3.. The queen bee. Well she wasn't having any of it! I am not sure of the last count on her, but I can tell you she looks like she got into a wasp nest!! We finally got her blood. My does might not like me right now. Now to see if they are preggers and CAE clear!
    Karen

2. Soon you will know...good luck. Don't worry, they'll get over it once its feed time!

3. Kaye White

Kaye White New Member

The first draws are always the hardest and scariest....then ya' get over it!
    Oh, yea, by feeding time....unless they're Obies...they'll have forgotten all about it!

My drama queen, Obie, holds a grudge over ANY vilotations to her body. Shots,worming, blood draws, Oh,ESPECIALLY AI's...Maybe she is actually smarter than my Toggs?? :really
    Kaye

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Ah givem a donut :) I think you will be offically the first one to use the lab for CAE testing...well on the forum? I will be curious to see what their lab printouts will entail or if they will just be negative or positive? Would love to see a copy when you get them. Course being one I raised and 2 more I sold you.........freakin out just a little :) Vicki

5. KUrby

KUrby New Member

If my does come back positive, I may just pack my bags and crawl under a rock and die. :down If they are not preggers, still may pack and go under rock, just won't die, just be upset that's all.. Mother nature wasn't too good to me last year on getting my own mares preggers, so why not the goats? pfst! :/
    Ok. I am going to stay positive till I have a reason not to be. I will shoot you a pic of the results so you can see how the forms look. Oh yeah, my goats? they are over the violation!! :biggrin Looking for love over the fence as usual. No donuts to give um. Maybe I will see if they want a honey bun.
    K

6. Truly

Truly New Member

I am so proud of you Karen. I called the vet to draw mine.

You are so brave to go out and do it yourself.

Maybe next year I'll be brave enough. ha

7. KUrby

KUrby New Member

Truly, I do pretty good with the vet stuff. I use to work for a vet and have done most of my vet and AI, breeding work with the horse and cattle, so It's not biggie. But for the life of me I couldn't find the vein on 2 of my does! LOL
    Poor girls! But they all were humming today!! yeah, I hope that means babies! Two of them I was in question about I think both were humming today for the 1st time. So here's IN HOPES OF BABIES!!
    k

8. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

Truly! There is really very little skill involved. When I was 4H leader in this area there wasn't a 4H kid around that couldn't pull blood! When you do it next year you will be kicking yourself how much money you have wasted paying a vet. It's just a skill like disbudding or trimming feet. Vicki