Monkey Farts figured out

Discussion in 'Soap Making' started by KUrby, Nov 7, 2007.

1. KUrby

KUrby New Member

Ok ya'll I have been sniffing this dern scent for a couple of days and until I put it in lotion I couldn't peg it. but NOW>>> I know where I have smelled it. :lightbubl
    Have you all ate the gummy peach rings? well that's it! I have named it heavenly Peach!
    Now to see what it soaps like or smells like.. :crazy I will be Oven Processing so no swirls! :nooo
    I have been lotioning(if that's even a word) like a nutt today.. and labeling!! and shrink wrapping soap!! urgh!! I am pooped! all day event forsure. :tearhair
    Karen

2. lynpea

lynpea New Member

So... you don't think that a soap or lotion called *monkey farts* would sell?

3. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

I've made a soap with Monkey farts and put cocoa powder in it - it looks just like a piece of fudge. I called it "chocolate Monkey farts" and it sold very well just for the name! Everyone thought it smelled like chocolate even though really the cocoa powder didn't lend fragrance to it and there was no chocolate fragrance in it. I think they saw chocolate and it made them think it smelled like it!

I don't smell peach rings at all - smells like banana's and berries to me!

Bethany

4. KUrby

KUrby New Member

Hee hee,, isn't it funny how we all preceive smells?? Now are you saying when soaped it smells like chocolate?? Hmm .. How did you do it.. HP OP CP??
    k

5. kidsngarden

kidsngarden New Member

CP and it was Aroma haven/Rustic escentuals monkey Farts. All I know is I added I don't know, a couple of TB Cocoa powder to abotu 2 1/2 pounds of oils and it smells like chocolate to me! I haven't soaped it by itself yet!

Bethany

6. KUrby

KUrby New Member

I got mine from Lillian so maybe that's the reason??? :/
    k

7. DostThouHaveMilk

DostThouHaveMilk New Member

"A Best Seller! Oh what a treat! We know you are expecting to read a disgusting description, but this unique complex fragrance is anything but disgusting! This unique fragrance begins with top notes of fresh bananas and juicy grapefruit, middle notes of kiwi, juicy bubblegum, and strawberries; and a hint of vanilla as a base note. Sure to attract new customers! "

This is Nature's Garden (www.candlepro.com) description of their Monkey Farts.
    My sister has that in her candles, but I haven't brought myself to soaping it yet.

8. KUrby

KUrby New Member

I also felt like there was some type of grapefruit citrus in there.. Complexe forsure.
    Karen

9. lynpea

lynpea New Member

hmm... how about a rename? Simian flatulence....nah... no matter how good it smells I just couldn't go for it. Who came up with monkey farts anyway?

10. Halo-M Nubians

Halo-M Nubians New Member

Fruiti "Toots" ?? I've been wanting to try monkey farts for awhile...Fruit tones are nice but I"m not much into chocolate...

11. Kalne

Kalne New Member

'Fruiti toots' Now that's funny!

I smelled this in a lotion once and it smelled like bananas mostly to me. *If* I ever did soap it or make lotion I'd have to rename it. Just like I renamed Dragon's Blood. Just can't bring myself to use that name.

12. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Guest

I had to rename Dragon's Blood too. That name just would not go over well here. There is another vendor here that does Monkey Farts. She kept the name but it is in her kids line. Her stuff is really cute.

Christy

13. DostThouHaveMilk

The name is why my sister is able to sell it so well. That and Butt Naked... :blush
    I kept Dragon's Blood..it's such a nice dark color...like blood. Doesn't bother me for some reason...

14. Kalne

Kalne New Member

I renamed my Dragon's Blood, Eragon hoping that anyone savvy enough would recognize it and associate it with a dragon. Otherwise, they don't have a clue and just go by smell. LOL

Um, what does Butt Naked smell like? The name doesn't bring any particular smell to mind.

15. DostThouHaveMilk

We dasn't forget "Lick Me All Over" another popular scent simply because of it's name.

Butt Naked- "We have had so many requests for this...now we have it! The tantalizing base note medley of granny smith apples and honeydew melon, middle notes of strawberries and pears, with hints of spice" Again taken from candlepro.com. Their description.

Lick Me All Over- "A wonderful exotic fragrance with base notes of raspberry, cantaloupe, and watermelon, middle notes of jasmine and violet, and fresh top notes of grapefruit and kumquat" (candlepro.com)

16. SherrieC

SherrieC Active Member

how strange I would think Butt naked was non scented.

17. Sondra

Sondra New Member

think I need to get Monkey Farts to make just for my adult sons

18. I call my Dragon's Blood, Dragon Fire.

19. KUrby

KUrby New Member

I am thinking :/ Monkey Farts would not be enough for MEN!! :laughcry
    Try Bigfoot rips, or Gorilla Gas.. :rofl
    K

20. KUrby

KUrby New Member

you could also do Lizard Fuel.
    K