mini manchas- what registry to use

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by birdiegirl, Aug 1, 2008.

1. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

To all the mini breeders-

Which registry is the best to use? MDGA? TMGR? Does it make a difference when selling your kids, whether they are registered or not?

TIA,

Donna

2. goatershubby

goatershubby Guest

At this point I would use the MDGA, it has been around longer. Registering your goats SHOULD make them worth more, but that depends on the buyer. The biggest advantage is that it gives a more authoritative voice to what you say your goat is, that is what it's background is. Also, if you want to show your goat, in most cases it will have to be registered.

3. Sondra

Sondra New Member

All of mine are now reg with MDGA tho I am a member of TMGR and will be reg with them in the future. So probably a dual reg.

4. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I hope that all of us who are doing this on the forum around Texas will use the same registry and one day help me work towards our animals being registered with ADGA. Just having them keep track of our paperwork, we would have to have large numbers to even have them say yes. But talk about legitimizing the breed. Plus so many have already asked me about putting on another show, we all might just as well keep with the same organization. Vicki

5. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

the ones I got from Sondra are registered MDGA... so that is what I intend to use...

6. Sondra

Sondra New Member

Personally I believe the TMGA will be by far the best and most progressive registryand is why for a while at least I will be dual registered. but that is my opinion. I know Jeneane did the best she could for many years but it (MDGA) was not kept up to snuff and now someone else is trying to put MDGA back together. Even the show that Vicki helped us have here in TX didn't get registered as a ligit show and we paid all our monies. I am right now fighting to get that show sanctioned. WHY don't we here in TX get a Mini LaManch club together. I have tried for years but just don't have the where with all to do it. I have a separate yahoo group set up for a club which is private by invitation only.

7. NubianSoaps.com

You know instead of a Texas club, why not have all of us here start the offical breed club, so when we do ask ADGA to hold our paperwork we can then become the official breed club from the get go. Not a club like South Central etc...but like INBA (International Nubian Breeders Association). It certainly would not be hard to just copy association bylaws and constitutions etc..

But from Expericence on this, Sondra set it up, have your officers and then invite folks to join...don't like how it is set up don't join. Having input from the getgo will only bog things down. Vicki

8. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

I have no clue how to do any of this... but I will help and do all I can. I know I like the MM breed and want to do what I can with it.

9. birdiegirl

birdiegirl Member

I'd like to be involved as well. Sondra, I would love to be in your group if you would invite me.

10. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

Sondra if you get it back up please use my other addy...

[email protected]

I never check my sbcglobal one anymore

11. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

I would also like to help in any way possible in setting up a Mini Mancha club down here. I don't have a lot of experience, but am willing to do what ever I can. Also whichever registry Findley Follies uses is the registry my little Lily will be registered with for now, unless I can dual register her! I figure I can do her like my dog if need be...if original registry isn't what I want then I can dual register. (My dog is ADBA, but not quite to breed standard/style/type for them, but fits very well into breed standard for UKC so he is now registered UKC and ADBA, but any shows we do will be UKC any breeding will be UKC, etc)

Sarah

12. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I agree it needs to be a national club and is rather set up that way right now so as soon as it cools off I will start working on it again.
    Yes if they are reg with MDGA as is Findley's and also mine they can be dual reg wtih TMGA

13. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Let me know if you need help Sondra. I will do what I can to help.
    Theresa

14. Sondra

Sondra New Member

OK Theresa am taking you up on it!!!! :)

15. laughter777

laughter777 New Member

Same here...not sure what kinda help, but if needed I will help as well.

Sarah

16. Qvrfullmidwife

Qvrfullmidwife New Member

Tim has more time now that he is a full time farmer :) and is still interested in helping...

17. Sondra

Sondra New Member

18. LynninTX

LynninTX New Member

Sondra it would not let me switch emails... trying to join under a new account sigh

texadus

19. NubianSoaps.com

Why not just do it here? Just open up another section. Vicki