milking set ups...

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Agape Oaks, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks Guest

I currently have a Chris Martin pump, Surge bucket & the inflations & claws to milk 2 does at once. Now reading about the delaval bucket, I'm thinking maybe I want one of them :). I see at shows that people will have so many different set ups....some have claws, some don't, some have their lines connected together somehow....my lines are constantly getting tangled together as I have the 4 milk lines & 4 inflation lines & I don't know what to order to keep them together. What's the best? Claws or not? What do you use to connect the lines so they don't get tangled?

Got my hot water connected 2 nights ago in my milk room- sooooooo nice to be able to start clean up while I'm feeding rather then take everything 700 feet away to my house! I also have the pipe line cleaner ordered so it can clean my lines automatically. Maybe eventually I won't have to get up at 4:30 to get everyone milked before I go to work :)

2. Sondra

Sondra New Member

I use zip ties to keep my lines together.

3. NubianSoaps.com

NubianSoaps.com New Member

I would never not have claws, and like Sondra use zip ties or Paul Hamby or Mike at partsdepartment online has these flat hose clamps that are made out of plastic that your small air lines or larger milk lines slip into.

The big single line coming from the can is for the Interpulse pulsator, it then Y's off into 2 air lines and 2 milk lines per set of inflations. The two of everything means you have a Surge pulsator.

Your next upgrade have Mike put a Interpulse pulsator on a lid for you with the lines set up, you already have the claws, shutoffs, shells and inflations you can hook up yourself. Couple times of taking them apart to clean them and you can put them together for yourself anyway. Also you can then ask for lines or make lines yourself that are the perfect length for how you do things. Vicki

4. Narrow Chance

Narrow Chance New Member

When I did Tamera's milker yesterday, her lines has the neatest velcro ties. They stuck back on themselves. Have never seen any like that. No fuzzies on one side either. Maded taking them apart a snap. They sort of looked like a nylon strap.. but it sticks.
    I'd sure like to have some of them for my lines!!

5. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks Guest

Hi Vicki
    I do have a Surge Pulsator. If I get an Interpulse Pulsator, will it fit on my current lid or would I need a new lid? I just ordered more line from Parts Dept (along with that cool washer)...so the ideal would be a delaval bucket & an interpulse pulsator ?

6. NubianSoaps.com

You would just need an adaptor for the Interpulse to fit the surge lid, it doesn't fit a delaval lid.

OK what is the cool washer :) Vicki

7. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks Guest

8. NubianSoaps.com

Get your DeLaval bucket off ebay or ask Mike and Paul if they have any scratch and dents, I got a really nice high shine 3.5 gallon for $100 from Paul once. If you have a surge pulsator you already have a surge lid, just take off the surge pulastor and buy the adapator for the Interpulse, that will save you the cost of a new lid. Also order about a foot of the hose that goes from the pulsator to your milk lines, and also the Y that connect that big line to your smaller ones. Everything else is the same. Vicki

9. Agape Oaks

Agape Oaks Guest

OK- got it all ordered- Hamby had a 7 gallon DeLaval for $149. Thanks for all the help Vicki!