Milking machine conversion...

Discussion in 'Dairy Goat Info' started by Chaty, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Hi,
    I have a belly surge milking machine and pump for a cow and was wondering what all I would need to convert it to a goat milking machine. What type of parts are needed? That way if I sell my cow and start milking my goats with the surge I would have the parts and have it ready for the goats as they dont take as much to feed and dont need as much. I am hand milking the 1 goat right now but hope to get more bigger milking does. Thanks for the info and help... Kathy

2. whimmididdle

whimmididdle Guest

:rofl 2 less inflations

Whim

3. coso

coso Guest

Call Hamby Dairy Supply or The Parts Department and they can set you up. You will need new milk and air hoses and probably new shells and inflations, shut off valves or claws then you should be good to go.

And like whim said 2 less inflations. :yeahthat

http://www.partsdeptonline.com/

http://hambydairysupply.com

4. Kathy,

Are you using the Surge Belly milker as it was setup to milk with the inflations right on the lid? Have the pulsator that sits on the lid also? If so, then you are LUCKY, the converstion then can as simple as...taking another short air tube and looping between two of the nipples on the lid. There all you have is 2 inflations. You are done with it. Simple enough eh?

Now, if you are using a claw with the bucket there is just a little more to change around.

Ken in MO

5. Chaty

Chaty New Member

I am wanting to use it as it is and yes its set up like you said Ken. I have had a tube on it like that as I was only milking 2 teats on my cow and the calf got the other 2. Sounds like all I might need is different inflations as these seem to maybe to heavy for the goats and I have Nigis and La Manchas. Thanks for the help I appreciate it alot. Kathy

6. Rambar Ranch

Rambar Ranch Member

We had a surge belly pail set up to milk our goats that way, but you need to include some hoses to lengthen your inflations as the belly pail will not fit under a goat. We set ours up to milk 2 goats at a time and then we can also use it to milk our cow as well without having to change inflations or hoses.

Ray

7. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Thanks I did this when we got the milker as I ordered the longer hose at partsdepartment online...my cow is a short girl and the belly pail didnt fit under her either. Yep love the longer hoses... Thanks...Kathy

8. Sondra

Sondra New Member

just get the clear plastic inflations and shells for the goat I use the regular goat on the ND and th big girls and the mini's

9. Chaty

Chaty New Member

Thanks Sondra...